Eagle Sports World Record Challenge

DavidP

• Baller
@Kelvin thats it? Why not invite other skiers who also have a chance at breaking it or getting close. JT, Asher, Larkin, Fred Winter ect. Whitney comes to mind as the only other woman at the moment even close to Regina. Karina is still recovering from injury I believe.

• Baller

Eagle Sports will be hosting an Invitation Only RC Tournament pitting the Slalom World Record holders against each other. Invitations were sent out to the skiers that currently hold, or have held a slalom World Record in the previous 12 months (Regina Jaquess, Chris Parrish, and Nate Smith). Each skier will ski 3 sets. After each set, each skier's run will be compared to their personal World Record. If a skier ties his/her WR, they'll get 100pts. If they ski 90% of their WR, they get 90pts, go over, thus setting a new WR, get 15 extra bonus points and a boat load of cash from their boat sponsors. After 3 Rounds, the skier with the most points wins $2,000 bonus bucks. Skiing to one's maximum potential across 3 rounds is the test at hand. Will it be Regina, who's had one of the most amazing seasons in women's slalom history, Chris, who's held the men's WR the longest, or Nate Smith, who's run more 41s this season than any other skier, and who recently set a new men's WR making it that much more difficult for him to win this competition?

Between each round, we'll be interviewing the skiers asking them questions about their travels, workout routines, equipment, favorite foods, etc... We hope to put on an exciting event for the skiers while at the same time learning more about these great athletes.

Being that it's the 1st year for this event, I wanted to keep it small and have an event that featured the WR Holders. It's so hard to break a WR, I thought it would be nice to have an event just for them. Plus it's the only way I could think to pit Regina against the guys. This is an invitation only event and is no cost to the skiers. If it's a success, I could see opening it up to skiers like Will, TGAS, Whitney, etc who think they could beat them in this format, but everyone would be skiing against the WR. Maybe the WR Holders continue to get in for Free and everyone else has to ante up an entry fee. Winner takes the entry fee pot. Let's see how the first one goes. I really appreciate the support we've received from these skiers themselves and the sponsors (Goode, Nautique, Malibu, and D3). I just wish my old friend Dana Reed was here. He'd love an event like this. He always like the out of the box type stuff.

• Baller
One thing that was apparent to me today as a spectator watching these competitors was that these three all get along extremely well. They had a lot of fun, all three came to win, they talked some smack in a fun and funny way, and they were all great sports. What stood out to me most was that they were all tremendous ambassadors for the sport, they went out of their way to talk to the locals and particularly the children. Wind doesn't seem to affect these skiers near as much as it affects me and Regina is one scrappy hard core bada$$ skier.

• Baller
Conditions were rough - 15-25mph winds most of the day due to a front that was pushing through the area. The third round is still up on Livestream. Parish ran a stellar 4 @ 41 in tough conditions and Reg needed 5 @ 39 to clinch the win. The video is good but it doesn't do her pass justice. We all thought she was cooked at 1 and she gutted out another 4 balls for the win. Cool to watch

• Baller
Thank you to all involved in working the event. My 10 year old had a fun time watching the action and meeting the skiers. Chris, Nate and Regina are great ambassadors of our sport and very patient with my son's questions and autograph requests!