Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Preferred Boat Color(s)?

Gloersen

• Baller
NO BLUE! TOO MANY BLUE BOATS! We had/have 9 boats at our lake and 7 of them are blue. It is like a bunch of smurfs around there. My preference is bright yellow and black/dark grey. NEVER ANY COLOR ABOVE THE RUB RAIL! Unfortunately mine does have a little black above the rub rail; but, it was a promo and had no choice (current boat is red and black)

• Baller_
I like it just like this. Mainly white above the rub rail, white below the water line. Some color between as individual stripes. The colors I prefer are dark/victory red, dark/forest green, and dark/midnight blue. Not as much into black, yellow, aqua, chartreuse or other neon-like colors. I'd actually like the color stripe above the rub rail to be about half the width in the photo - just about an inch or so. But, mainly white above.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

It's called "resale red" for a reason. My last 3 boats have been white/red. Sold the previous 2 to the first serious lookers, probably have this one till my back finally gives it up. Anal maintainance more likely the reason for the quick sales but a classic color like red, blue, or black don't hurt. I do however have a friend with a yellow/black/white TXI that looks absolutely awsome on the water.

Interestingly, my wife says she's tired of red boats. "The next boat will be blue" she said. "So does that mean I can get a new boat?" I says. Her reply. "No."

• Baller

I'm still addicted to the Master's Green ('97 Nautique era), but failing that I go with muted colors like black, gray, white, tan. Don't like red for some reason. Don't mind blue but has indeed been a little too popular.

I am not loving the trend toward extremely bright version of green, yellow, orange, etc. I like those colors in general (especially green), but I'm not looking to attract attention with my boat. I prefer simple elegance.

• Baller
From a practical standpoint I like white exterior, white interior with some ascent color on the sides. I had a gray / gray boat and it got noticeably hotter in the summer heat. White doesnt show the water spots as bad either.

• Baller
@davemac SO easy on maintenance. My nautique is almost all white with thin black accents like that "bu" which goes with the black windshield frame and rub-rail. Doesn't show anything and if something unfortunate happens buffs right out.

• Baller

Saw the note from @andy about 72 promo orange. That was the promo Nautique from that year, maybe? In any case, an interesting story about the orange, from back East. One longtime promo boat person up here was also a car dealer and would do a yearly swap of a dealer demo auto for his promo Nautique. Great deal, of course. But, he wanted to be low key on the water, and didn't want an orange Nautique.

Sorry, that's the promo color for this year. OK, then your car will also be orange. They settled on non-orange.

Not naming names, but some oldtimer Easterners will know who I'm talking about.

I believe that in the way-way back, you could plunk down something like $3,500. to Correct Craft, who held onto it, and you got a new promo boat each year. Would have been mid-1960's or thereabouts. Just wonder if there is anyone out there still holding onto that deal?

• Baller

A boat needs at least a little bit of color on it, or you should replace the name down the side with the generic "Boat". I recommend blue, but I am biased.

http://blog.omahype.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/4115790935_17e4832fec.jpg

• Baller
Lemonited Green would be sweet - but not necessarily practical. Lemonited Green and throw in some metallic in it with an accent stripe of medium to dark grey metallic. That would be sweet. Other than green my colors would be either Blue and White or Black and Gold. Beggars can't be choosers though - I'd take a new boat!

• Baller
Always go with a white deck. A colored deck will show scratches and blemishes. I would also have white below the water line. White is the easiest to buff out scratches. I like the look of metal flake, but once it fades you can't bring it back. Dark colors like dark blue and black show all kinds of scratches. I like having a base color of white, then I would have red or blue stripes or graphics.