Feels Like Christmas

skidawg

• Baller
@skidawg sharpest Carbon Pro I've seen. Will be curious your long-term thoughts on build quality/materials. Next swamp boat is either the latest 196 I can get my hands on or a CP as I have no need for open bow there. Have not had the opportunity, though, to ski/drive/examine a CP in person. @bogboy agree one piece windshield would be even cooler.

• Baller
@skidawg I have been a Correct Craft disciple since the mid 60's, Skylark,Skitique, Ski Nautique. I will say however, the only other boat, in my opinion, that even compared for slalom skiability was the Ski Centurion. I never drove one though... how do you think it tracks in the course and are the wakes still flat and soft in the latest version??

• Baller
"It is the 180 deg, looks pretty cool, but 28 off and longer the skier looks way back there!! Not sure if I'm a fan or not yet."

I'm wondering if the additional viewing angle of the 180 degree CIPA makes the skier even smaller than the 140 degree PTMEdge? Guess someone would need to do a side by side comparison to confirm.

• Baller
Drove / skied the boat last night. Very impressed. Tracks SO much better than earlier versions of this model. Put 50lbs in the nose and it was perfect. What I liked most is I always knew where the skier was - never lost connection. That's important. The boat skis awesome. It seemed to wait on me at the buoy and allow me to hook up nicely before shooting me across. Can't wait to get some tourney scores behind it!

They moved the rudder from being offset to being centered, and the rudder design itself is different. Maybe there is something else, but I didn't notice it.

I changed the rudder to the new style on my '12 and it is 100% better just from that and I didn't even grind it yet.

• Baller

Question about set up of the current four boats that we get in tournaments (actually I never seem to get Malibu in any of the tournaments around Sacramento). I have the same experience as Joe Darwin behind the Centurion we routinely get in Sac - the boat feels absolutely awesome. I ski C2 and I always seem to get the right amount of gas out of the ball, I feel connected, not overpowered, but not too soft, great acceleration, easy to move through the centerline and to the other edge, on and on. Everything feels great behind this boat. The MCs have been a mix, but mostly good. One MC we get feels similar to the Centurion, but the wake of course is more noticeable, but not a big deal. Another MC we get feels firm all around, but it's workable. The CC 200s we get seem to vary the most - from too soft, to pretty good, to strangely hard and difficult to get in sync with. How much of this variation is likely due to variations in props?

I know this is kind of a difficult question to answer, but it's amazing the difference in pulls we get. Joe's post hit home with me because to me it's not the driver so much, but the boat. I get the same drivers all the time behind different boats and always get the same kind of rides regardless of the drivers. I get the variation from the boats. What say ye?