Are the banners in between the forum posts too much?

Horton

• Baller

Make sure that they don't use too much bandwidth. No movies or graphics that take too long to load. I use too many crappy internet connections. Simple and easy to load ads don't hurt a site - and might help. But I avoid some sites where you can't get to the content because the ads take too long to load. Ads are OK if you read them only when you are interested. They suck if they dominate or restrict the site.

Now go make some money but don't screw up the site.

Eric

• Administrators
If you were surfing the site for the last few moments... I was testing... do not freak out. I will not put more than just a few banners in the forum if any.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Reserve the forum slots for the BOS co-branded promos, tournaments and webcasts. Things we might want to participate in rather than stuff someone wants to sell us. Overall seems about the right amount of screen real estate allocated to ads and they are not yet obtrusive.

• Baller
I say they are too much because they aren't separated well enough. I know I've come on here occasionally looking for a specific thread and couldn't find it because it was tucked up underneath the Goode ad. Since the Goode ad doesn't have hard lines around it, the next thread looks like part of the ad. If the ads were the same size as a normal thread AND were clearly segregated, it would make it a lot easier. If you do that, I'd have no problem with the ads.

• Baller
They are annoying. Adds top, sides, bottom and in the middle two? But, cost/benefit, if they are necessary to keep afloat then yes. Or if they bring in enough additional revenue to bring significant additional capabilities then yes. Necessary evils then.

• Baller_
Agree with @waternut. It needs to be seperated out better. I thought the Goode add was part of that thread title till I noticed that it was random. Seperate them out a little better so they don't look inclusive as part of a thread the title.