Strada binding users

cragginshred

• Baller

For what its worth, the heat molding instructions that come with the boots speak of "inserting the insole into the liner after it has been heated" so I guess it must be ok by the Intuition/Radar lawyers to use the insoles in the liners.

I just got a pair of leftover '13s to replace my nearly worn out RS-1s. Heat molded with insoles and they are "money". No real need to crank down on the laces. Skiing better than I have since early spring...

• Baller

@SkiJay Good point about the stretchy rubber back in Stradas, works well in conjuction with the slippery trim that covers the achilles on the outside of the liners.

I pull all the bungee out and crank down the lower lace on my front boot, still release without any issues-so far.

Big difference from the original RS1s wich were much stiffer over the achilles area.

• Baller

In light of the parallel thread cautioning against the over-tightening of Stradas, I want to expand on what I said above about how the stretch is all out of the laces at 15 pounds of tension.

I should have also mentioned that the tension increases quickly towards the top end of the recommended range once the stretch has been pulled out of the laces, so it's important to not go much past the stretch--if at all.

Nobody actually uses scales but the bungee in the laces can act as a scale. When the stretching stops, you're at or very near 15 pounds of tension. Then if you go a bit looser or a bit tighter from there, at least you have an idea where you are within the recommended range. I pull almost all of the stretch out of the laces--but not all of it. This way I KNOW I'm just below the middle of the recommended 35 pound range with no guessing or scales required, and there's excellent support at this moderate level of lace tension.

• Administrators
I have skied with older laces and have had them come undone and still run 38 that way. You do not need them super tight to ski good.

• Administrators

@SkiJay Well no. I am honestly a very experienced hack.

The point is the lower lace is much more important that than the top lace. The top lace might be more Psychological but the bottom lace is your connection to the ski.