My Intro with Video :)

Litespeed

I finally decided to join this awesome site that I've been browsing for a while now. Thought I'd just say hi and share a video of me skiing. I'm working on being consistent at 22off (36mph) and I've tried 28off handful of times with some level of success as just this past week made it to 5 ball but crashed going around it.

Here's a video, I welcome all tips please! I know I need to work on my gates getting higher up on the boat and pulling all the way through both wakes.

-Ben

• Baller

Definitely get higher on the boat in your gate pullout. You start narrow and end up skiing ths entire pass narrom. Also, your shoulders are leading your body into the wake. Work on getting the hips up. Your hips should never be behind your shoulders.

Overall, pretty solid! Welcome aboard!

• Baller

@litespeed - Welcome to the BOS! Congrats on posting video and on getting past 15 OFF and into 22 OFF @36. The things that stuck out the most to me are gate width, in glide you sit back on the ski and begin the pass with weight on the back foot, and your shoulders leading your hips as you come out of the turn and cross the wakes.

If you were to start the pass by putting more weight on the front of the ski and turning in a couple moments sooner that will help your gate. When you do that you'll then be able to allow the ski to come around and finish the turn before getting into a squatted position. Read Than's article on Leverage Position. From what I see, a couple adjustments and you'll be running your 28's soon.

Your athletic and not affraid to turn that ski - that can't be taught, so your a step ahead already.

• Gold Member

Welcome!

Is that Turkey Pond in NH? You ski with Jim Degnan? Do I already know you in person perhaps?

Agree with above. Easiest palce to start moving your hips forward is the preturn. No tension on the line, so really make a point to get a straight line from your knees to your shoulders. Bend front ankle and straight rear leg make it happen.

Then carry that right into the finish of the turn and focus on your leverage position all the way across.

I completely agree with the sentiment that you're not far at all from running -28.

Skied last night and tried to think about getting higher up on the boat for the gates and getting hips more forward. Ran first three no problem (34-15, 36-15, 36-22) so then onto 28 off after 4 or 5 tries can't remember I finally had a good gate and ran the pass first time ever! :)