Chad Scott wins Men 3 slalom (5 buoys at 39-1/2 off) at GOODE Water Ski National Championships

Horton

• Administrators

Chad Scott wins Men 3 slalom (5 buoys at 39-1/2 off) at GOODE Water Ski National Championships

Holy Crap! Chad has been trying to do this since he was 3 years old.

How many times has he been top seed and it slipped away? Congratulations Chad!

• Baller

Congratulations Chad! Well deserved after so many times coming close. Few have been right at the top in some of the toughest divisions so many times year after year as Chad has.

And, I don't know any ameteur skier who has been such a positive ambassador to our sport as Chad has been! Way to go!

• Baller

Thanks Guys for all the Congrats. It was a long time coming, my last year in Mens 3 and a title I always wanted at least once. Coming up in the days of Chuck Forrest, the Mens 3 title was something special. I sure hate that it took so long I know there were people that wanted some of us out of there. I will follow in the footsteps of my good friend Jay and head to MM. We both said if we ever won we would ski MM. Congrats to Jay who is a hell of a skier and a great friend of mine. He has been lighting it up. See you next year in MM

Thanks Guys for the patience

• Baller_
Not taking anything away from Chad and the great result he earned at Nationals, but he beat New Yorker Lex Brumagin by only half a ball (5@39 v. 4.5@39). That is damn fine skiiing for a fellow who has to endure this thing we call "winter." Fellow Northern New Yorker Nick Leuthauser won Men 2 slalom (1.25@39) and Matt Richardson was third. Matt lives in Ogdensburg on the St. Lawrence River/Canadian border and Nick lives in Malone, about 20 south of the border. They all have something that I bet Chad doesn't have but wishes he did:... A snowmobile!

Lpskier