Zero-Off Help Please!

bfreeski

Yesterday evening during my 3rd pass Zero-off stopped working. Today it say "NO GPS", I have tried disconnecting the battery, checked the battery voltage, powered everything on and off, cleared the error codes GPS1_fail and GPS2_fail, etc but nothing works. Also the boat speedometer gauge, and the little digital display both fail to register speed as well. Everything else appears to be in working order.

Boat is a 2012 Malibu, about 215 hours.

• Baller
Gauges not working sounds like a fuse issue. But if it were a fuse, I wouldn't think you would have any read out or power on the ZO display rather than the "NO GPS" message. I'm sure somebody here will know the cause.

Same thing happened to me. Try turning the key to the run position , then disconnect the battery, wait 30 sec + - . Then reconnect the battery with the key in the run position. Give it 30 sec and start the boat.

@scoke said to try this and it worked! Maybe he could chime in.

Good luck.

I have now talked with Timmy at Zero-off (whatever the parent company is now). He had me test the power at the pins in the puck connectors under the dash. Both registered 5+ vdc. He then said it appears both antennas have failed and gave me the number for Sunny in the warranty dept. I crawled from under the dash and ran inside to write the number down and then left a message for Sunny. When I returned to the boat to put away the test meter the left side of the zero off display is now blank. The first picture is from earlier this morning of the display so I could send the error codes and serial number. The second is what the display looks like now.

I left a message for Sunny on august 13. On august 14 I talked with Sunny and received and RMA to return the two broken antennas. By the time I got home and was able to extract both antennas, cables, and connectors it was too late to fedex them back. On august 15 I sent the two broke. Ante nas back and asked if they could send the replacements so they would arrive before the weekend. Zero Off apparently did not have any antennas to send. Today they seem to have found some but informed me they could not get then to me until after the weekend. Fedex delivers to my house on Saturdays and I have asked them about this........apparently customer service is not a priority since ZO has no competition.

• Baller
You should have gone through a dealer. In fact, I'm surprised ZO didn't tell you to contact the dealer. Malibu should have them in stock in their central warehouse. I know when I had to replace the ones on our '13 200, CC sent me 2 antennas and the zo module overnight out of their stock. I did talk to Eric at ZO and when we determined I needed to replace everything, we just called cc for warranty. You only need one. I might have a spare I could send you on Monday. CC didn't even want the defective antennas back. Although they did want the defective zo module back.