Sad Day

thager

• Baller

My former 1972 HYDRODYNE IO was sold a couple of weeks ago by my neighbor who used it for a few years with his kids then let it sit in his garage. I was actually happy to see it heading off down the road with a new owner to be used. Sadly, I came across a CL add and the boat is being parted out. Major Bummer! My brother, wife and I had a lot of great times skiing and cruising it on the Mississippi, Lake Minnetonka, and on local lakes here in MN. What a waste!

Just out of curiosity, I looked on the dynaski website Several years ago. It looks like a nice boat, especially if you have shallow draft issues. I think I read somewhere that the dynaski is related to the hydrodene. I wonder what it would be like to ski in the course, or free ski behind.

@bogboy: Our lake doesn't allow inboards so my ski buddies and I own 4 different Hydrodynes/DynaSkis with outboards. Great wakes for -15/-22 off from 26 mph to 36 mph. One guy tricks behind them all with no issues (as far as I know..). Several kids have skied behind them and love them compared to other boats they have skied behind at tournaments. All of the videos on my channel are from some version of a Dynaski. My boat, shown in the end of course video link below, even has PerfectPass set up now, thanks to some help from @Ryno!

• Baller
Mine had the standard 6" x 18 " fin. Tracking was good but the transome was rounded at the corners so there was a rolling thing action a driver had to get used to. I could run -28 @ 36 behind it. Wakes were minimal for slalom and large with a nice table for tricks.

@ral, people think they produce too large of wakes and will ruin the seawalls and shorelines. Our lake organization put on a boat test last year and demonstrated that the wakes were no larger than those of the big pontoons pulling tubes or SeaRays loaded down with wake boarders that are currently allowed, but to no avail. Others think that it will open the door to allow jet skis and wakeboard boats.