2014 MasterCraft ProStar | "Just What It Takes" Documentary Trailer

Horton

• Baller

I have been wondering why @marcusbrown hadn't been skiing in tournaments the last couple years. This would be a good reason why. Also hope he's able to start skiing them again soon!!

Cool video - like some of the shots showing the proto type boats and the hull design.

• Baller
@Skoot1123 Marcus has a shop out in Chico where they've been working on prototypes for this hull non stop for the last 18 months. They'd make a revision, turn it over and rig it, and then take it over to the lake and Matt, Marcus, and their Dad would test. Rinse and repeat over and over and over.

• Baller
Knowing what I know of CAD modeling and fluid dynamics modeling, I find it interesting that in 2013, we are still designing ski boat hulls one iteration after another. I suppose technology hasn't hit quite the level that I thought it had.

• Baller_
@escmanaze: the boat companies are behind the curve from a technology standpoint compared to many other industries, mainly because the engineering investment is really steep for the small volumes of boats produced. Trial and error by an expert, particularly a good test engineer is very productive and valuable. Also, cfd of the entire boat and wake out 75' behind the boat would be a very cumbersome and large model. The air/water interface with a solid body becomes a pretty daunting model. Actually, most items are developed one iteration after another even with all the modern engineering tools.