Time to share your Ugly Ski Shots!

• Baller_
About 3-4 years ago, we had a young kid in our ski club scorpion like that and the tail end of the ski did hit him in the head. Skull fracture and immediate neurological symptoms. He had surgery, a plate, and a lengthy hospital stay and recovery. We were all very worried. Thankfully, he recovered fully with nothing but the plate to show for it. He returned to skiing and uses a helmet now. And, he is skiing even better than ever this year - after having gained more than a foot in height and not spending any significant amount of time on the water.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@webbdawg99 She is a really good skier who has been skiing more than 3 decades (won't say how many more) and this was the worse crash she has ever had. She does a lot of Yoga and tons of stretching prior to skiing. I really think her being very flexible saved her from really serious injury. She doesn't think so but I do believe that this one knocked her out for the time it took us to get back to her (maybe 15 seconds). Once out she became a rag doll in a dryer for the second somersault and that was probably a good thing. When you see the video payback at full speed it's pretty scary how quickly this happens. I have had one of these that was caught on video and I hope never to experience one of these again. As others have said you don't want these type of falls. Strange thing about it is she said she had no warnings it was coming. However in the video you can see the ski abruptly change course out of the buoy and then snap back across course. This is when I think she gets ahead of the ski and then the trouble starts.

• Baller

@MISkier a women's skier in MN fell like that and took it to the back of the head. Skull fracture, plates, temporarily blind. Back on the water and was helmeted for a while, too, but now skis without. She says she still has symptoms of traumatic brain injury that are likely permanent.