Time to share your Ugly Ski Shots!

• Baller

We all love posting up pics of our perfect form and beautiful spray. The ugly ones we keep hidden away in some secret file! It's time to show them to the world with pride. It just so happens that my submission comes from yesterday's Southern Regionals. @MattP taught me this move...

6f5be8b0788a0cd82c0554f89aa980.jpg

• Baller_
Just a bit of tip rise here. Or, rather, just the absolute minimum amount of ski remaining in the water. I have so many awful pictures, it's hard to pick just one.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I despise this picture. I swear I don't normally look this inept at what should be the point in the course where you should be the most perfectly stacked, aligned over your feet, etc. I remember this gate as I was thinking I was going to miss and so was actually purposely letting up a bit to get my ski to at least run over the right hand ball. Yeesh. Hate it.

• Baller
@Than_Bogan - re: Nationals 2000. With respect to the other threads about the low numbers of M3 in the various regionals, I ran 2@38 at the 2000 Nationals and tied for 32nd in M3. I think M3 that year had about 527 guys in it, so I was happy with a piece of 32nd.

Ok; I only have ONE, but I figured it was worth it.

I personnally shot this one, in Acuaski, Mexico. Skier is the owner of the place, Sergio ramirez, some of you might know him. Driver is Marcos.

That's the place the Font's used to ski before they (i think) moved to the states.

Sergio was hitting it hard, caught some MAJOR slack on ball 2 (or 4 I don't remember), but somehow managed to get back into a somewhat good position before he was slingshot to the next buoy, came in so fast he sort of "wooped" his ski around the buoy and swung around the handle as if he was a monkey swinging from a pole. I figure I was just lucke to be shooting in burst mode, the shot before this one, he is behind the boat. The shot after this one, he is a huge ball of spray. Lucky Beginner Photographer I guess.

Needless to say the set stopped right there with a torn neck and some other bruises and scratches.

I always smile when I look back at this pic :) (given he made it ok through it)

2b59212009b34afc130390e85c4400.jpg2b59212009b34afc130390e85c4400.jpg