Photo Caption: If I shorten my fin, will I get less tip engagement?

SkiJay

• Baller
@SkiJay After I quit laughing at that one, I realize that could have been painful. How in the world did you get that shot? If that were me, I would be blowing up that picture and hanging it in my office!!!!

• Baller

@wish and @skijay - maybe it was fin depth. Too much fin depth got caught on the fin of the fish. Probably easier to change your fin @skijay than to change that fish's fin. Though, they both might have changed a bit in the proccess.

Great picture - hope it didn't hurt too bad! Back on the water today?

• Baller

@Skoot1123 I managed to ski a little more that day, but not since. My neck and back are exacting their revenge, but nothing serious.

@ski6jones I've always liked your profile picture so much, I thought I'd try to recreate it. Clearly you beat me out on style points. At least one of your elbows is still pinned to your vest, right where it should be at this point beyond the second wake. You also get maximum determination points for not tossing the handle like a little girl, and you never stopped spotting your landing. Like a woose, I tossed my handle and curled up into a little ball so I could kiss my ass goodbye =)

• Baller

Nice effort on recreating the moment. On the plus side you have much more tip in the water making for increased stopping force on the ski. Nice touch!

Not sure if mine was pre or post injury, but now I try keep the handle until the boat takes it from me. At least that way I know where the handle is.