Neilly Ross 1@38 Florida state championships!

jayski

• Baller
I used to work an compete in the Fl State Championships for many years when I had a green card, which meant I met all of the criteria for qualifying to ski, all of a sudden they moved the goal posts a few years ago saying that if you skied for your country out side of the US then FL would not let you place in the State Championships and you ski it only as a record tournament, I am now a dual citizen and lived here 18 yrs and still cannot place, I understand it for Regionals and Nationals but States?? some regions run it as a class C so the whole thing is BS, to cap it all then they took us off the USA Ranking List several years ago!!

• Baller

Fl is a different state. The best international skiers make their home there. The idea behind the rules makes sense (Fl state championships would feel like a world championship). But there will be a lot of exceptions - like this one - that don't quite make sense.

I met and skied against Drew when we were about Neilly's age. I'm sure he'd be proud to admit that she's about a zillion passes ahead of where we were at that age.