Any interest in 2009 196 with a 409?

skinut

• Baller
A friend of mine is thinking about selling his 2009 196 with the 409 in it. He asked me if I would put the word out and see if there was some interest. It has 50 hours on the meter. I think he is asking around $36,000. I don't have the specifics or pictures, but if you're interested let me know and I can get the info.

• Baller
First thing I would do, would be to take it to a dealer and have them check the hours. You would be surprised how many people disconnect the hour meter not knowing that it can be checked. A dealer can tell you how much time a engine has run in a specfic RPM range.

• Baller
If this boat is like new, with the low hours, it sounds like a great boat to snag. However, I don't really see the 409 as a bonus, as it really wasn't necessary in the 196 - unless you like to foot or are pulling pyramids. Keep us posted on what it sells for.

• Baller
It is the real deal. He works for a Nautique dealer and between family and work has not had the chance to use the boat as much as he would like. The boat is in great condition and will reflect the 50 hours on the meter. I think he is looking to find an early 2000 boat that he doesn't have to feel bad about not using.