Fake-a - Lake 99 CC

rodltg2

• Baller
I tried to hook up my fake a lake to my 99 cc and I could not get it to seal right. The intake is recessed into a pocket type of deal in the hull. I haven't seen this before on any other boat I have owned. I ran it anyway, while water poured out over the suction cup. Water didn't not come out of the exhuast for longer than I was comfortable in waiting.So I shut her off. Is there anyway to make a fake- a- lake work with this boat, or do I would I need to install a flush kit ( dont want to do that!).

• Baller
A garden hose in the intake hose or even both in a bucket as an intermediary is better than a fake a lake. If the fake a lake falls off while you are in the boat and the engine is running, would you notice immediately? Maybe, maybe not.

• Baller

Go to Auto store and get a 3 foot length of same hose as pickup and buy a plastic coupler...

Remove pickup clamps and stuff the hose extension into it and then in a 5 gallon bucket next to tranny. Fill with water and start and monitor level. Giving it a lot of gas will suck the water down quick. Mine would idle forever and maintain water in bucket with garden hose on full.

This is also good to suck antifreeze through for winterization after motor is warmed up fully.

• Baller_
we carefully roll the edges of the fake a lake so it fits into the recess, and then closely monitor it while running the boat, but typically only run boats a very short time to check fluid levels, fuel leaks, etc. If you need to run the boat for an extended length of time use the bucket or direct connect hose attachment.

• Baller
FYI. Had no choice but to try the fake a lake again. Got my new relays in and wanted to run the boat before heading out to the lake. This time I got it as sealed as possible, then I used some insulation tape to seal up any gaps. Worked like a champ. No leaks and ran great.