Drew Ross is back

SkiJay

• Baller

For anyone who doesn't know, Drew Ross spent a couple of decades as one of the top skiers on earth. In 2008, after winning the MasterCraft Pro tournament at Trophy Lakes, he broke his ankle and foot arch in a freak accident where the rope popped off of the pylon.

Fast forward through five years of rest and rehab to this past weekend, and Drew ran 3 balls at 41 off three times at 34 mph. Not bad at all, but it has wet his appetite for more. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much more he can achieve with his renewed health and focus.

• Administrators

@Inboardfix I have a lunch meeting with the GM at O'Brien this Thursday and hope to get my hands on one of the 67s afterwords. I am equally curious about the Conquer (the Quattro shape).

• Administrators
The problem with Drew is that his lake is magic. I ran 3 @ 39 there once. I do not count it as a PB because Drew's lake is cheating

• Baller

@WISH I think Drew lead the redesign of the 67" and it's been so well received that the 65.5" and the 68.5" are getting the same redesign as we speak.

The Endo also happens to be one of the best priced high-end skis on the market today at $1,080.

• Baller
@SkiJay and let me tell you the starts at 41 were not looking like it was 41, his skiing is looking awesome, so smooth and easy looking, 39's look so sweet, smooth, flowing turns awesome to watch...Saturday was not a stellar day by any means either for wind or temps...pretty good tail/cross off the dock causing some chop and temps were in the low 50's to start the day off...

• Baller

If he looks like he did when the Sixam SS came out Drew will be impressive! Watched him stroke

-41 @ 34 on that that day. From the boat it was sure fun to watch! Derrick was the driver and I saw no swerve. Smooth as silk and early.

• Baller

He ran 3@41, 3 of 4 rounds @ the Isles tourneys, 3@41 again at Palm bay the Wednesday and then 4@41, 3 of 4 rounds @ Okeeheelee this weekend, dude's on fire and the scores he's posting shows that the Endo he shaped is confirming what a great job he did designing it, it's capabilities and rewarding him with consitent big results. I would confidently wager that he's the next guy to get through 41..