D3 Quest Settings and notes

Horton

• Administrators

It seems like everyone is heading the the same direction with this ski but I thought I would share where I am at.

I did try both deeper and farther back - I had issues with both.

With the fin farther back and all other settings the same - the ski sticks at apex of off side turn.

With the fin deeper I had just a tiny bit of tip rise and lost a lot of angle.

With the below settings the ski is very balanced and freak'n great. I almost ran 38 today. That is crazy for March.

6.937 Tips

.760 Flat/Head

8 degrees

29 7/8

• Administrators
Water is high 60s f. I really don't believe in adjustment for water temperature. Maybe for huge swings but I do not believe must pro skiers do it.

• Baller

@Horton I usually don't change anything for temps, but I messed around with changing wing angle with water temp. Seemed to help. Warmer water = less angle.

Wait you don't own a wing.. never mind

• Baller
I'm considering a Quest and could just call D3, but with all the knowledge available here I'm likely to get better info from BOS. Question is, due to my advanced age I'm now skiing at 32 mph, what length Quest would best serve me? I'm about 160, ended last season (haven't skied yet this spring) skiing on a 66" RCX and able to run 35 off. I'm thinking going to a 67".

• Administrators

@LeonL

First of all D3 has a great return policy so if you get the wrong size you can send it back.

Depending on where you are. .. there should be a local rep who will loan you a ski.

my guess is the 67 is the right size and I would have a hard time believing you won't love it more than your old RCX

• Baller
I am now of the opinion that I need to go shorter. Ski is not moving out as well as I would like and a shorter fin should help. But, the turning characteristics are so good, I don't want to lose any of the benefits of the longer fin. It's going to be a balance in the end.

• Baller

@skibug - I believe you will like it - Seth is a wizard at setting up those skis since he was part of the test team. I tend to follow his lead regarding fin numbers.

It is truly one of the best turning skis I've ever ridden.