My Offside Turn(with pictures!)

skinut

• Baller

I extracted some still photos from an Iphone video taken while I was skiing. The picture series is of me at 3 ball 32 off 34 mph. This is a pretty typical example of my skiing. 32 off is my second hardest pass with a tournament pb 4@35.

I am looking for some suggestions on how to improve my offside turn and how to establish a better stacked position coming out of the turn. I have always struggled getting my hips under me and I thought that someone might be able to identify what I might be doing wrong that causes me to be out of a stacked position. I also would like some suggestions as to why my upper body is so far out of position coming off the second wake when I start my pre-turn.

Below is a link to flickr you will want to start on page 3 and work back to page one to see them in order. Thanks in advance for your help.

Quinn Stufflebeam

• Administrators

@skinut you are losing your hips (front knee straight and back knee very bent) at the ball. One of the many things you can work in is allowing the ski and your feet to finish the turn long before you bring your shoulders around.

This sounds goofy but if you play around on the dock you will see that if your shoulders turn faster than your feet you will typically lose your hips.

• Baller
I am only seeing post turn and just past wash of second wake. My hunch would be your entry into the turn was less than optimum, maybe not countered with hips up, and maybe got over the tip to force the turn, which caused you to break forward slightly and drop your butt down and back. Strive for a counter into the turn, wait for the ski to turn like Horton said, and then rotate upper body and lock handle in to your waist with your chest out, not caved in and facing down. Your arms should be straight and drop back and away from the boat and don't let the ski get stuck behind you. If your chest is not up when you are right behind the boat, you are in weak postion. Practice this on the pylon with your bridle in the boat.

• Baller

@AB when you click on the link you have scroll down to the bottom of the page and select page three. Then scroll down and select the last picture. That should be the beginning of the series of pictures.