Portable Slalom Course, where to purchase

maxpower220

I am at the point that I want to purchase a portable course. I live in a community with a lake, so I can't leave a course in all of the time (against the rules). I have narrowed my search to EZ Slalom based on the research from this (and other) forums. I am open to hearing opinions on other courses as well. Most of the courses on SIA will cost the same as new by the time I add shipping and if I need accessories.

So, where do I go to get the best price on a portable course? Thanks.

• Baller

Depends a bit on where you live. You may be able to do something like keep the gate buoys in, and then clip the 6 skier buoys in when you ski, especially if the water isn't brrrr. Wallyskier has a floating/sinking course, which works fine in most conditions and when you put in plenty of time getting it right. There are also other options, like in clear water being able to boathook a loop at your subbuoy level to clip in buoys without getting much more than your hands wet.

Here in my home state of Cow-Hampshire, with very few exceptions, you have to disable or remove your course when it's not in use. One of their senseless regulations like requiring 2 observers when you are skiing doubles. Great shame for a state that hosted 2 AWSA waterski Nationals back when (1954 and 1959).