Ski Challenger ?

rodltg2

• Baller
I had one for just over 10 years. The boat was very comfy, extremly reliable. The engine was a US Marine Ford 351. Carb. I never had any problems finding parts...tx to discount inboard marine. The wake had the usual bump at 22 off, spray became an issue in a headwind at 35 off. At 32off and beyond there was no wake to speak of. I skied behind several 1990 MC's and felt that the Challenger had a much nicer wake. It did lack the quality of the more expensive boats, but again I sold it last year with the original interior in it and was only a little faded. It also was bad in rough water

• Baller
I had one for a while, ski wake was really good, any less then 35' off the spray got bad. Skidim had all the parts you could ever need. That high speed windshield was just ahead of its time!

• Baller_
Glastron... :-) If I ever come to the point where I have more money then sense, I want to buy one of those either restored or have it restored. Love the shape of that boat. Don't know if Id want it in blue or gold metal flake. A bit older then the boats in the thread.

• Baller
@Wish Honestly, I don't recall about tracking fins on the Ski Machine. I was more worried about Dungeons and Dragons back then. lol. As far as the Scimitar, you could also get the T tops on a regular CV23 and CV21. We had a CV21 with the t-tops. Looked essentially the same as a Scimitar but with a different windshield.

• Baller

@wish, not sure. Have you driven an early 90's barefoot boat from Centurion/Flightcraft/Sanger. Wear a pad if you don't have good sphincter tone. Nice builds, too. Centurion tracks the best, has best hole shot under load(all fast w/out load) and Falcon Barefoot has most room, but wake's are better on Flighty and Sanger.

My old man used to hand drive AND hand time me at 36 mph thru 32 off and into 35 at 36 mph when I was really into the gym and pulled like a freak. 16.05 to 16.15's like clockwork. First PP tourney I ran I weighed 225 and the driver had to put in 275 to get times. The old Centurion outboard was a pretty tough customer. With tilt hydraulic steering...pretty nice family boat but obviously not the boat for slalom anymore.

• Baller_
Been behind the wheel of a Sanger, Flightcraft and an outboard MC. Footed behind a couple and slalomed behind the Sanger. Great boats. Power to weight ratio was tremendous compared to the inboards of the early 90s. Still see the Sanger pulling tubes on my home town lake back in MN.