1999 Ski Nautique 196 For sale--$13,000

G_time

We'll be moving from our ski lake home soon and the boat needs to go to a new home as well. Brand new boats are great but if your budget isn't quite at that level, this is a great boat for you. Runs great and in great shape! Hour meter reads 778 hours. Always run on fresh water and only on a private water ski lake. Well taken care of for many years by the original owner and me (second owner). I've cared well for this boat and it's always been good to me. I've owned it for about the last 5 years (the last 200 engine hours). Comes with Perfect Pass, matching bimini and cover, teak platform, and galvanized trailer. Carburetor rebuilt in 2012 and runs great! Plenty more pics and details if interested. Boat located in the Houston/Galveston area of TX.

• Baller
What's the deal on the Galvnized trailers in Texas. ? I almost bought a similar boat. When the owner emailed me more pics I saw that the trailer it sat was Galvanized. Pretty much killed the deal for me. Might be a good trailer but its ugly!

• Baller

A galvanized trailer is a real benefit if you keep your boat on a cradle. Not so much if you trailer the boat and store both in a garage.

My painted trailer hangs from beams in an extra high garage with riding mower and a utility trailer parked below. If I had to store it outside then I'd prefer a galvanized one that won't rust away.

• Baller

So, this is a consideration if you store your trailer outside where the elements will try their best to deteriorate it.

Question is, are the galvanized trailer more expensive than the glossy painted ones from the factory? Second question, do most people care whether it is galvanized or not? How about single vs tandem axles? I know some states have requirements for tandems.

• Baller

I have one of the last Correct Craft trailers which is painted. I keep it in the garage year round. Needs some touch up paint in a few spots, and the brakes replaced, but otherwise close to mint condition. It has probably only been towed for 1500 miles since we bought the boat in 1994. If I were in a different part of the country I would have an aluminum trailer, or galvanized to protect from corrosion. Not really needed where I am.. There is a boat that looks just like the one above across the lake from me. 1997-1999 are one of my favorite Nautique models.

I see it turned into a discussion on trailers but that 's cool. Replaced the tires and fixed the wiring on my trailer for this boat so it's good to go to a new home. Reducing price of boat to $12,500 as well. Message me if you are interested.

• Baller

Single versus tandem axle trailers. IF you do a lot of traveling with your boat IMO a tandem trailer is a huge plus. Pulls way better, I feel like the boat is more secure, it's just a better towing experience. I tow a lot and having had both I won't be without a tandem axle trailer again.

If you just do short hauls and seldom do any distance towing you're probably fine with a single axle.

• Baller
@6balls. I have not tricked behind a 02'-09' SN 196, so I cannot make a full comparison. My brother has and '03 SN 206, which slaloms about the same as my '94, but the trick wake still is not as clean, but still pretty good. It took me a couple of sets to find the right rope length and speed for that boat.. I won't be trading in my 94 SN anytime soon. The new boats are just way too much money.