2008 Ski Nautique 196 Team Edition

The_MS

• Baller
The gap between a 2010 200 and a late model 196 is rapidly closing, especially when comparing a CB to CB. Being in marketing, this would tweak my interest if I worked for CC, as there's obviously still a market for them. Not trying to start a "bring back the 196" discussion, just making an observation! Beautiful boat Mark, love the colors.

• Baller
Are any of them selling in the mid $30's? I've seen a lot for sale one the $31-34 range, I hope the actual sell price is a bit lower. I'm wanting to upgrade to ZO Nautique, might have to buy an older one and do the conversion.

• Baller
The resale is driven by the high price of the 200 upgrade. Price should be lower on a '08. If interested would drop a fair offer in there understanding it may be turned down. Ya never know. I didn't think my offer on a consignment boat would be enough and it worked out.

• Baller
Wow, congrats! Now I really wish I would've waited to sell my '08. I agree with OB, that's right in there with some 200's on the market. I suppose it does depend on what you want, and not everyone wants a 200. With an '08 selling that quickly for that kind of money, how can CC not see it would be a good idea to at least offer the 196 as an order only boat? There's obviously a demand out there.

• Baller

@ShaneH-You must have a great dealer because my 08 LTD new was no where near $38-$39 and I know my dealer gave me a great deal(or maybe my dealer was laughing all the way to the bank). I think my 02 LTD was close to that amount.

Last spring I sold my 08(with tandem axle trailer) with 240 hours for $34,000.

• Baller
@skinut, I know SEVERAL 08's limited that sold for the 38/39 number new. In fact I just sold one about a year ago for less than 25. Lots of hours on the motor but the inside and outside of the boat was in great shape. I think the asking price for a used 08/09 is VERY inflated. I also have a 09 with a ton of hours that is for sale for 25/26 range. Based on what I am seeing, even if someone put a new motor in, it looks like it would be a great deal. I think I remember Jody saying severa; months ago that a repower is about 8,000

• Baller_

The 196 is also a boat that has a proven track record for performance, small wakes and the size of the boat is appealing to many people on private lakes that do not need a barge for a tow boat. You will not see many more 36k sales of Nautiques. The fleet will age and hours will be added. Most of the 07s with ZO have had the ECM flash and that takes the hour meter back to 0. In the end, you get a top notch tournament pull for a lot less money. So if I can get an 08/09 196 for 33, that is still 10k cheaper than a 12 TXI or 197.

How much are 2013 TXI and MC197s going for compared to the 2013 200s?

• Baller
@MS - I was told a reflash of the ECM does not reset the hour meter. Depends on when the '07 was produced / version of ECM that it came with. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on that. I would understand if the ECM unit was replaced. I understood that 07's produced after March 2007 had a different ECM unit that could be reflashed. Prior to, the ECM unit had to be replaced to accomodate ZO.

• Baller
I can't understand any of the pricing. While I'd love to have a ZO boat, I'm going to keep driving my 2005 PS 197 until it is well over 2000 hours (1100 now) with Zbox. Zbox isn't perfect, but it is close. Besides, I don't think it is the boat that will make me a better skier. Coaching, ski tuning and practice are my focus for 2013. I can't afford to blow money on a boat with soon-to-be two kids in college with a third two years behind.

• Baller
If I bought ZO it would not solve my issue entirely, anyway. Two guys I need to ski with if I am to have enough water time in addition to my primary partner run PP classic and don't compete. With that, they have no motivation to buy ZO and even if I did, I would be on PP classic in the range of 30% of my skiing. Given the cost, I sit tight as well. Kids college needs in 4-6 yrs, 12 y.o. and 7 y.o. vehicle will need replacing before too long as well.