2004 Mastercraft Prostar 209 - For Sale

aswinter05

• Baller
I can only speak for the x9 wakeboard version and the wake was fairly big and wide. Awesome open water boat though with tons of room for a big family. Boar is no longer made and sought after so you should have no problem selling it Aswinter.

• Baller
@PurdueSkier, to me the wake was "large" compared to a true, dedicated ski boat. However, I'm a rookie and ski at 28mph and 15 off. If you're a shortline skier and 34 mph+, the wake is pretty darn good considering the size of the boat. Keep in mind the boat is 3-event certified, so it can and has been used by pros in a tournament setting (I'm guessing). My wife and I skied behind 197's for a week at Coble Ski school and weren't impressed enough to make the switch from our 209. The bump was still there at our speeds and line lengths. Also, the 197 is 13 inches shorter and 5 inches skinnier than the 209, making the 209 much more desirable for a family setting and rougher waters. Obviously the 197 is going to have a smaller wake for skiing, but once again I wasn't blown away by the difference.