Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

WTB 2010 or 2011 Syndicate Point Vest

ThePantsManCan

• Baller
@thepantsmancan I have the 2011 version in a size medium. For whatever it's worth, I thought that I wanted a pullover until about the 10th time I used it. This thing is seriously a b$%ch to get on and off. It is a great vest with good floatation and mobility. I love it except the part to get it on and off.

• Baller

There is technique to the pull over - just need to grab the bottom corner in the back and pull it over your head sideways. Works fine - I dont' really like em that much - but they are OK.

Nice if like me you tend to get rashed forearms off the webbing if you ski TOO MUCH.

• Baller

@tfriess and @FrankS, you kids are funny. The best way to remove a pullover is to shove either one of your hands into its own armhole, then reach down to the bottom hem of the vest. With one arm inside and gripping the bottom, you can easily yank the vest off.

This gives you a ton of leverage with either shoulder. I'm no smarty pants, because I learned this by reading (or looking at the cartoon pictures of) the motions I just described, that were written/printed on the inside of an oneill vapor comp vest i've got. It was really funny reading it. I was on the boat with my brother in-laws standing around. We were all sharing one vest back then. One of us was like, "what's all this STUFF written in here and why"...... Oh.... That's how you do it...

• Baller

With arm chafe only solution I have found is to wear a long sleeve heater top for a few days till it works itself out.

@ThePantsManCan - Sharing one vest! nothing like putting on a dry vest. I have two in the boat usually, but will normally just leave my vest on after skiing if I plan to ski again.

• Baller

@Bracemaker, yeah sharing is in no way a thing that we did for more than a month the first summer. We moved from being Wally's to cottage course skiers pretty expediently.

I'm a glutton for gear, and have more vests than needed. I just like the look of the original Syndicate Vest. Anyone gonna sell me one?

• Baller
@thepantsmancan don't take this the wrong way but what looks "cooler"? The person who nonchalantly unzips their vest with no struggle or the guy who is taking 10 minutes to take off his vest with the help of his 2 other friends while the babes watch from the pier and say,"wow, that guy is really cool".

• Baller

@tfriess, don't worry the ladies were pretty scared off while that guy lubed his bindings, applied his glove liners and gloves, donned a neoprene beanie, a wetsuit, a vest, his spray leg, and his neoprene eardrum protector,

Then ROCKED out some slalom skiing.

Way sexier than struggling out of pull over vest.

• Baller
@Bracemaker. You bet! And all the back hair that just so luxuriously flows down with gravity as I shed that final layer! Nobody told me that hair was migratory! I am so happy to already be married I just can't tell you... I guess at this point, I must be trying to look "almost cool" in the photos my kids will be looking through in 20 years!

• Baller

@tfreiss it takes me no more time to take off my pullover than the front zip by putting an arm down an armhole and pulling it over my head. I agree if it takes you ten minutes to pull off the vest you won't look cool because it should only take 10 seconds.

That said if you are relying on how you look when you take your vest off there are a different set of issues.