Me and the World Standings list

Horton

• Administrators

Every year it is the same thing. I see this http://www.iwsf.com/wrl_1012/sl1012.htm

and think I should ski some ELR events at 36 and get on the list. I never do it.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
I would be at the bottom of the list but every year I think about posting some scorers and then summer happens and I care about my M3 ranking.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

http://www.iwsf.com/wrl_1012/

There are other rankings than slalom!

Speeds should be optional with 3 buoys (not zero and not six) for an overspeed. This way @Horton could train, ski and get IWSF scored at 58k while competing in his appropriate age division (or MM). Even if 3 buoys is not the perfect adjustment, at least it allows skiers to play more and see how the scores filter out.

Eric

• Administrators

@MattP the reality is I need to just work on my 34mph ball count. Yes I know this is silly but it would be fun to be in the top 200 at 36mph. I looked it up and that is about what I think I could get.

Ok never mind. This is just a random thought I have every darn year when the list comes out.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
So I was looking at mine thinking it would be higher. Then realized it's for class R or E or L or whatever they are. Still do not get the dif. Most tournies I attend are class C ($). So all I had was scores for FL States (abismal) and Nats (not bad). What was weird was not seeing any score for Regionals. I went, I skied, I did well. So what gives. Actually don't care that much but did find it odd.

• Administrators
@skidawg Well dude all you have to do is post some scores. Where I would be lucky as hell to crack the top 150 you could... let me look it up.....

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
@skidawg looking at your OM standings from back in the day.... You are a way better skier today then 5 years ago or am I all screwed up?

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@Horton, I think/talk about skiing tournament 36mph again, but havent. It would be fun to confirm a spot on the world list. For me, I never ran 38a36mph in a tournament, but can now. I should tick that box at some point.

For now, I am having too much fun chasing the Big Dawgs!

• Baller
If a Mens 3 skier wants to ski 36mph, can they just sign up to ski a tournament in Open? Or do they have to reach a certain score at 34mph in order to be considered an Open skier first? Basically, how does an old guy ski at 36 if he wants to?

• Baller

2 scores, 2 different sites, on two different days. In either an L, R or E tournament to make the world standings list. L is the lowest of the 3 and meets the standards to make the world ranking list. R is a record tournament that meets the standards to set world records and the world ranking list. E is elite and meets the standards for Elite list, World Record Capability and World Ranking List.

All US Regional events are required to be a class L. Nationals will either be a class L or R depending on your division. If you ski both events you will be able to be listed to make the world rankings list for your division if you made the minimun requirements for that list.

• Baller

I'm not on the list even though I thought I had qualifying scores in two ELR tournaments (Pangaea Record and Eastern Regionals). So, I emailed Bob Corson and he checked with Dave Clark. Here is the explanation I got from Dave explaining why I'm not on the list although some of the people who skied at Eastern Regionals are:

"The Eastern and South Central Regionals were both run the same way -- ie, the sanction was to "L" level, but individual events were run as class "E" rules default, with class "L" optional, by skier option. So those 26 performances that you received were just those few skiers who opted to "L" class."

So, had I known that I needed to opt to class L, I would have been on the list. Since I didn't, I'm not, which is kinda a bummer.

• Baller
@Wish that is why the current list is preliminary for the next 30 days. Each country has to re-check the scores they submitted to the ranking list for accuracy. If you think that there is an issue with the scores you have on the list email Bob Corson that compiles the list for the IWSF. bcorson@comcast.net and I would also contact the chief scorer from the event in questions along with your National body regarding the scores.

• Baller

Question. How good specifically does one need to be to get on the list? (i.e., 4 @38, etc. @Horton, yes, I have set a goal, yes it is unrealistic, yes it will take longer than I think.....but YES, it will happen!!!!! I am now the Rudy of BoS!!! And, the rankings is now my goal and field of play!

Also, can someone please explain in detail how the tournaments work? The points, how many you need to do to count, etc. etc.

Sincerely, Doug "I will be ranked" Brady!

• Baller

@Wish - normally choose when you register and it is very common to have a higher entry fee for L/R. In the case of last years midwest regionals it was in the electronic tournament announcement:

Sched of Events: Please see www.awsamidwest.com for lastet information of schedule of events. Select Premier option for class E and Record option for class L when registering

Comments: Please select Premier for class E and Record for L or R when registering.

• Baller_
@brady - http://sanctions.dataweb.com/default.view here's the list of last seasons events in the Western region. Click on the "results" tab to see skier scores from that event. Your average is taken from your best 3 scores in the previous 12 month period. If you don't have 3 scores, then there is a % removed for the missing score/scores. The 2013 schedule usually comes out in March, so check it out for the events near you, and go ski, you'll find a great group of people at tournaments, and you'll be glad you did.

• Baller

@Horton all you had to do is ask

@Brady does this answer your question?

The minimum qualifying performance to get on the world ranking list for an Open, Junior, or U21 Male is 6@28/36 and for a Female is 4@28/34; 35+, 45+, 55+ Male is 6@15/34 and for the Female list is 6@15/34 and 55+ 6@15/32

This minimun score needs to be skied on two different lakes in two different tournaments in a class L or R tournament.

Ties broken by using all tournament site best performances from highest to lowest of 5 performances. The list will use your two highest performances.

• Baller
@jcamp if you skied at Pangaea Pre-regionals and Eastern Regionals you didn't meet the qualifier of having skied on two different lakes. Both pre-regionals record and regionals were on the upper lake so you only had scores on one lake.