I scored a Neoprene Drysuit that fits!

Jeff

Last spring I wrote about my frustration over not being able to find a new neoprene drysuit to replace my aging Ski Warm suit. Well, I recently scored a new suit and I am very happy with it. It is made and sold by ProMotion in Hood River, Oregon. Hood River is a premier windsurfing area with several gear manufactures and suppliers.

Promotion makes all types of wetsuits and makes an all neoprene drysuit. It is thicker than my old one, but is constructed so it is very form fitting in the legs and body. However, it is constructed with very good movement of the arms and shoulders.Perfect for skiing. Very low drag without binding. It really made fall skiing comfortable as the water temps dropped here in Oregon. If you hate baggies as much as I do, look-up ProMotion on the web. I think they are the only ones making an all neoprene suit. Oneill's is a a hybrid and doesn't come in very many sizes. I am tall and ProMotion had a suit to fit me. They have a lot of sizes. Nice! I rarely get anything that really fits. I usually have to settle for something that is bulky and too short.

Jeff, I got on their web site, and all I could find was wet suits, not dry suits. Is the suit your talking about a wet, or dry suit? Even if it's a wet suit, it's great that you like it. I wonder if it would equal the warmth performance of a dry suit in colder water? Can you please tell us the specific model that you are talking about? Thanks.

• Baller_

I just found this for my daughter on Creigs List unused 2012 for $55. Check out the specs. Even though it's designed for triathlons, it make sence for skiing as to where it's thick neo and where it's thin. Super stretch, all smoothskin and triple glues and taped with a soft blue fuzzy on the interior of the entire suite. Baught it before I realized how much they are new. $400.00 Love Creigs List.

http://www.xterrawetsuits.com/store/index.php/products/triathlon-wetsuits/vortex-fullsuit-wetsuit

• Baller
Just saw the new Jobe suit when I was at www.waterskis.com shop this weekend. Andy (owner) lives a few houses from me. He said they got a really good deal on select Jobe items including these drysuits. They looked like very good quality, consistent with the other hybrids out there.

• Baller
At $299 that Jobe hybrid looks tempting.My only concern would be getting cold when you are changing in and out of it between sets.I sort of like the idea of warm dry clothes in the baggy suit.I'm a wussy from Southern California so cold water is 50 F and cold air is about the same.