IWWF wants WakeBoarding in the Olympics. Sure happy we spent all that time and money....

Horton

• Baller_

As Skiers we should all be aware that this drive by the IWWF has absolutely no benefit for our sport of competitive waterskiing. Their will be Money's and resources that will come out of our sport divisions coffers to provide support for this drive. Our relationship as AWSA with the powers known as USAWS should even more at this time be severed because of the ties and relationship that USAWS has with the IWWF.

This may seem rather radical and over the top by a lot of members but the "Olympic" drive has been a dismal failure for our sport yet their are many in that continue to waste our money's and resources to continue in the name of the big picture!

Hopefully those that run our organization (AWSA) will see that big picture as not what is best for the future of our sport!

yoy have noticed,electric engine,and youngs people in photo.in a waterski lake you can see big gas engine and most of the people are in 30and 50 years old.waterski don't look like an olympic sport.i proud to practise the most wonderful non olympic sport!!

• Baller

@texas6

Cannot have a boat, Olympics used to have boat racing, and engine drive sports, 1905 to current sports cannot be primarily mechanically driven.

Waterski is specifically prohibited from the Olympics due to the engine driven aspects. Therefore if you can eliminate the boat (Cable Park) then arguably it could be included, I see little difference between a chair lift and gravity versus just hauling the athlete on a cable way.

But I agree, waste of money to even talk about putting waterski on the IOC plate, but if they can go cable for wake sports, and you can come up with a good way to slalom from a cable...

• Baller

my question is why? Who cares about getting slalom skiing in the olympics? The olympics is a dying breed. The last several host sites have lost their shorts, especially NBC, who bid the rights on it. It is staggering how much money is lost and how fast interest is waning. Even in Salt Lake, when we hosted the Olympics, there are some of the venues that are not recovering. The International Olympic Committee and the IWWF are greedy and are only focused on how their pockets can be padded. They should all be politicians.

So if Wake Boarding gets it, it is because of one reason....the cronies at the top can make more money and it benefits them more personally.