If you could would you bet in Pro or BigDawg skiing?

Horton

• Administrators
Would you bet on Pro Skiing? One of the projects in the background is a tool to let Ballers bet on pro and Big Dawg events. Sound like fun? I see this as fun nickel - dime stakes. (Yes I know it is not legal.)

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
We used to at Big Dawgs! We had the brackets and would fill them out just like Basketball...I think Dana started it in Ohio. $10 a sheet! Tie breaker would be scores in the final. You always had to have one sheet with yourself as the winner or you had no cahones!

• Members
We've done it for several years, ( at the Big Dawg Finals), just on small scale. I think it would be terrific, if betting was done on internet. It would be even better if a % of the proceeds would go to Charity. MAYBE THE CHARITY OF THE WINNERS CHOICE. ( THE SKIER ), It's lots of fun and it engages people. Happy Thanksgiving to all, We do have lots to be thankful for.

• Administrators

@GregDavis my driver is simply to raise interest in the events. Indonesia is this weekend and I bet 99% of the Ballers have no idea about it. (partly because IWWF does not try to get the news out). If we had some friendly betting going on maybe more Ballers would pay attention to the top skiers and events.

As for proceeds it goes to the winners. I am all for charity but this is complicated enough.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@Horton, how would we enforce guido collecting on unpaid bets? For instance, I bet someone on this site who has long hair about a woman who has long hair on not winning at a ski event!!! 20 bucks I believe was the bet, or 4 beers. Your choice! :)

• Administrators
Matt and I have it worked out. We looked at a number of software packages. In the end I think we are going to take bets via a paypal account. It will look a lot like super bowl squares in the beginning. If it gets a lot of interest ..... Now that we have the idea ironed out it is sort of on the back burner for a few weeks while I catch up on other stuff.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
@lpskier I just looked up Bit Coin - cool but I do not think the ballers are that techie. As long as we are not talking about a pool bigger than $200-$300 I think this is fine. If it grew bigger yes I would have to do find another solution. I really do not want any legal problems. Just want to have a little fun.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Instead of betting, could this be changed to a donation to the tournament, with the proceeds being divided up on the top 3-5 finishers? This has been discussed previously, more inlines with a webcast, but the end result would be the same.

• Administrators
@Igkya I appreciate the idea but I think there would be even less interest. The point of the betting is the make it more fun to pay attention. The sad truth is very few skiers follow Pro skiing

Drop a dime in the can