Wakeboard Forums - Pole rope guide?

escmanaze

• Baller

Alright, so I can't be the only buoy chaser on here who occasionally like to ride sideways, so I have a two part question for those of you who also occasionally wakeboard or wakeskate. What is your favorite forum for those purposes? I assume there exists something like this forum but for the wake side of me as well. Let me know if you have one you like or don't like.

The second part of my question is this: I have a tall pole for my boat. I want a rope guide like this one that barefoot international offers.

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=15811

However, as you can see in the picture below, my pole is not like their pole in that it doesn't have a swivel on top. Has anybody ever seen a rope guide like this that is more universal that maybe has the swivel built in to it?

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2FAH7ZeKtEIYjdxSWlJWlgwd1k

• Baller

Wakeboarding is fun! Don't let tunnel vision folks interfere with what you enjoy.

Why do you want a rope guide? That one didn't seem to have a camera mount. A rope condom (shock tube) should do most of what that guide does cheaper and simpler. Plus the rope condom can also be used for slalom (should be used there).

Try trick skiing. Very similar to the wakeboard but faster and more dynamic. Not as flashy but since you aren't so big in the air, you don't get hurt as much.

Enjoy your time on the water!

Eric

• Baller

Before spending money on that. I'd be tempted to try a length of foam pipe insulation, perhaps 48" long like that is, and then just zip tie it to the pylon.

Should cost ~3 bucks. If it works, then get a shock tube cover (brenda's in tow or any ski boat mfg) and use that.

• Baller

Ha ha ha!!! I figured I would get a few negative response on this one. I deserve it, thanks guys. Great idea on the shock tube. I have that on the Christmas list right now, and I could just move it up when wakeboarding instead of putting it away. Good call.

Thanks Horton for the reference. I'm guessing Alliance Wake is done by the same folks that do the Alliance magazine, which I consider an insult to my intelligence every time I read an article. I might try wakeworld. It seems in vague memory like they have had more good stuff come up on google searches I've done over the years anyway. With this problem solved though for now, I can put off joining yet another forum for a little while longer. My wife is starting to think I'm addicted to Forums.