Binding Adjustment ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller
I have been thinking about having finer adjustment options for my front binding, I do not like the Dual Loc arrangement for binding attachment, I like to have the binding screwed to the ski, I am thinking of turning the drill holes into slots and have thought about various means of locking the binding into position to prevent it moving forward or back, the easiest is to use a small amount of dual loc to locate the binding and screws to secure it , anybody done this or has anybody got comments, good idea or bad idea ?

• Baller

I use an older FM double boot system, the plates have slots for adjustment, and the screwed are regular machine screws with finish washers.

Finish washers:

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00kBLtAMmblWog/Finish-Washer-Screw-Cup-Washer-.jpg

The sharp ring edge on the back will actually bite into the aluminum of the plate when torqued, which will keep your plates in position.

This works with out having the lump of dual lock binding your plate.

Another effective option is stair/skateboard grip tape. When placed on the surface of the ski under your plate, the binding won't slide while torqued. But since you have slots, I recommend finish washers on the plate top anyhow.

• Baller
You only have to prevent the front binding from sliding forward - it never slides backwards while skiing. I use only a single spacer shaped to the dimensions of the slot (I have several of them in different length increments) in only one of the six slots.