You know your addicted to Ball Of Spray when...

Skoot1123

• Baller

@krlee - sorry to dissappoint. I have thought of a couple more:

- You explain to your significant other the "characters" on BOS

- You must check BOS before going to bed each night

- While calming your newborn (in my case 8 weeks) you show them the BOS website hoping that pictures of skiing will entertain them

Will have to think of some more.

• Baller

@Skoot1123 It would be a lot of fun to hear somebody else characterizing "the characters." This type of forum always produces only a partial view of someone, but it ends up seeming like you know people pretty well. In my case mostly people I've never actually met!

Also, good list!

P.S. My oldest was a big hockey fan as an infant. Something about the fast movement and colors, I think. She'd get grumpy if I let the commercials roll. By the next year she had no interest whatsoever in hockey, and it never came back. (She likes figure skating as an activity, but not watching it.)

• Baller

@Than_Bogan - thats a good point. Would be interesting to hear some of the newcomers take on "the characters" of BOS. A good way to get more people involved?

I for certain would love to meet some more BOS member's. Don't seem to be many in the middle of Illinois (though a few are up by Chicago) - if there are, they are lurking somewhere! Would be especially fun to meet some at some skiing vacations/camps.

A couple more: You might be a Baller if. . . .

- all you think about is skiing!

- how would BOS members react?

- you wonder what @horton would say?

- you think about the pull out for your gates in your sleep.

- your standing in line somwhere working on your leveraged position!

• Baller

Don't forget "anal bastard" when characterizing me:

The phrase "leveraged position" usually refers to a financial situation where you've borrowed a lot of money. For skiing, we're in a position to generate leverage -- a "leverage position."

Nobody cares, mostly including me, but just felt compelled to point it out.

"You know you are addicted to BallOfSpray" when you:

Do much, MUCH more of the things that you mention on this thread and yet are still too embarrassed to really admit it!!!... Kind of like when you check every thread update here, then check Ski-It-Again/Slalom, then Bindings, then eBay under Waterskis, then Bindings, then back to BOS. Rinse, repeat, look up at the television, feel intense hatred for the winter season, then do that again twenty or more times.... Or more....

• Baller

You click and find out BOS is down for an update and someone from across the room hears you scream NOOOOOO!

20 minutes later it's back up and running but one little thing has changed and the same person hears you scream NOOOOOO! .......again.