EXO Form Bindings

HopeEnglebretsen

any way i could actually get more information about these bindings. im a sponsored skier in Australia by h2opia and HO, and i ski on the A2. im new to the EXO form bindings and many people have came up to me to ask about them and i want to make sure im giving out the right information.

even for my sake to help me out with adjustment. im always moving the bindings up and down to find the best setting but the wake now seems to put me off, throwing me onto the edge change. still trying to work out these bindings.

• Baller

I originally tried to get my EXO bindings in the same place as the bindings I was replacing. When that didn't work, I tried to split the difference and that was a disaster. I then moved them to the ski's factory recommendations and it helped out a lot.

Is this your first time using hardshells by chance?

• Administrators

Yes the white "size" sticker is a huge issue. It looks silly! :- )

As for the bindings is there a coach around that can watch you with the bindings? I know a lot of skiers love them but if you are struggling to make them work you should go back to bindings that you like.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
Your score should be the bottom line. If you do not ski as well in some gear than you need help or you need to go back to your old gear.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
It did take me a little while to get used to the hard shell bindings but once I did, I really liked them. The best tip I got from a lot of people on here was to run the boots fairly loose for the first few sets. It made the transition a lot easier. It also helped me to keep the rear binding just a little looser than the front.

• Administrators
@jfw432 I do not know if that is safe. When you use a spring based release I think you need your foot to be held pretty firm in place.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@horton I do agree it's hard to define loose and tight. However, someone who made the switch from soft rubber to hard shell is likely switching because they don't like the feel of their bindings being loose. I know my first move was to cinch those hard shells down like I would've with some inline skates or snow ski bindings which means....cinch them down as tight as MF possible without being uncomfortable and that just doesn't work.

Even tightening the laces down hard and leaving the cuff pretty loose will keep you in the EXO's. The liners in these have "J bars" like wakeboarding boots to help prevent heel lift.