Calling it a season -- dang it!

Razorskier1

• Baller

@Razorskier1. I feel your pain!!! Here is what part of my backyard looks like as we speak. I have 9 inches on the ground and we are expecting much more. If only I loved snow skiing like I love the balls! We can both mourn together for the next 4 months.

bc1ab4763164a3c11c344710e9a42c.jpg

• Baller_
this weekend will be the first one of the "cold season" for us in the Seattle area, so to help the wind chill on the fingers, I coated the backs and the sides of the fingers with clear silicone, looks goofy but seems to keep the wind from freezing the fingers, and the large cooler full of hot water is now a necessity

• Baller_

@rawly - last season's coating lasted all winter, and started peeling off in about April, if you stuff the fingers of the gloves, then you kind of rub the sealer into the material, smearing it as smooth as possible, and make sure you do the areas between fingers and the tips, I think this is the third or fourth season that I've been doing this, the "cold water" gloves I've tried just don't have the fit and feel of my regular gloves

• Baller_
@razorskier1 - I've tried the latex glove thing, but seemed to get just as cold, it's the insulation layer of the kevlar liners that helps between the glove and your hands that makes the difference, and it's just clear silicone like you'd use around the bathtub or shower, and takes a day to set up

• Baller
To me pushing the season that close to the time of icing on the lake is not worth it. Mid October and I am done. First off the water on my lake drops 3 feet making the course loose. Second you ski worse and possible muscle injury in the cold. I don't think you gain anything by going that deep in to the cold season. Then again I'm a wimp.

• Baller

@scotchipman - will have to give you a heads up when I'm out there next. At this point probably 2014 Feb/March timeframe.

Booked some time at Coble's for my family during the June 23rd week. Can't wait. (Yes, I know, it is 7 months away........but I can't wait for some skiing again!)

• Baller
I am now pissed at myself. After a brief cold spike, weather forecast in MN is for 50s and sunny (which is also what the last two days have been) and the wind has been calm. Unfortunately, I'm not putting all that hardware back in the lake now, and the boat is already in storage (and getting some new upholstery!). Ah well. I'll just look out my window at the glass and fantasize (about skiing you pervs!).

• Baller
@scotchipman - Westgate. Canyons is lower altitude and seems like it faces the west/south so it can get slushy/icy. It can get kinda iffy from what I have been told. Could be great, but it could be "bad" too. With ticket prices at $100 a pop, I want to make sure I have GREAT skiing!

• Baller
@richarddoane -- just watched your video. Not sure there is anything major here, but when I watch you go toward the 1/3/5 side it seems to me that your left hip is behind your COM, particularly as you exit the second wake. This causes your knees to separate and I think takes you more toward the ball rather than allowing you to maintain angle outbound. This is sort of a Jodi Fisher comment. Nevertheless, you might try at your 28 and 32 keeping that left hip more forward and just seeing if you feel anything different. The first time I tried it skiing with Jodi I was amazed at how much earlier I was at the ball.

• Baller_
@skoot I have had some of my best ski days at the Canyons but if I have to make plans, Snowbird is the place. They always have good snow. I used to think that downhill was expensive but when you compare it to H2o skiing, it is cheap.

• Baller
@MS - would take a lot of days skiing to = a Boat!!! In my case though since I only get out there usually every other year it ends up washing out in the end! Would be fun to get to Alta and Snowbird, but they are on the other side of the mountains! Oh well. I enjoy it all. Some great skiing on top of 9990!!

• Baller
@MS, come out here and ski!! I will take you to a little resort a bit further up the hill than Snowbird, called Alta, and to quote the pervert @Razorskier1 "Ah well. I'll just look out my window at the ass and fantasize," the women are only overshadowed by the beauty of the mountain!

• Baller_
@razorskier1 - we skied yesterday before the wind and rain got too bad, and i concentrated on keeping my knees together ( @sully mentioned the same thing) it seemed to help my 2,4 side (RFF) next time we ski I'm going to straighten out my back foot some, I probably have it pivoted out too much... thanks for the tip...

• Baller
@Razorskier1. Bring the damn kids, they can chill with ours. You have a standing invite and we have plenty of room to house you, so you can save on Hotels! @Marco, never has nor will allow Boarders, but like @richarddoane mentioned, Snowbird is just down the hill 2 miles and they allow boards. Boarders mess up the bumps and change the composition of moguls and that is why Alta doesn't allow them. Looks like fun though! I have never tried snowboarding. My kids go all the time!

• Baller
@Brady -- ballers are always welcome at our house too. Downstairs we have a large guestroom with a king bed, and a smaller room with a queen-sized murphy bed. Upstairs in my office we also have a king-sized murphy bed. Our house was built for hosting people who want to spend time with us at the lake!

• Baller
@Brady - I was asking about Alta still not allowing snowboards, not because I am a snowboarder, but because I am NOT a snowboarder. The bumps are so much better if they are made by skis and not boards. I'm with @MS on the High Rustler traverse. So many great shots, traverse, more great shots, repeat, repeat, repeat...

• Baller

@Marco, nope they don't. It is only one of 3 courses in all of North America that doesn't allow them. It sucks because all my kids love to snowboard, so we end up going to the bird when they want to snowboard.

Dude, if you and @MS love Rustler, we have to go skiing. That is where I live when I go to Alta. There are so many chutes and runs before you get there, and Greeley's bowl on the other side is awesome when it powers up. The best though is an area not many people know about, it is called Eagles' Nest. You keep traversing and don't stop at Rustler. I posted a video about it on one of the threads here. It is steep as hell and full of trees and lots and lots of powder. It is right by Rustler, but people don't either know about it, or the difficulty is a bit too much. I will post the video again below. With that said, even that incredible country is not quite as good as the balls.....wish it was, because I am far better at snow skiing than water!

• Baller
@scotchipman, let's do it first week of march and then after we hit the slopes, we can go hit the course!!!!! A double-whammy. @MS pull your balls out and man up cowboy!! That is the steepest slope in Utah. On the level of Valdez. What is the worst that could happen?......maybe a slip and fall and a gentle bump into a beautiful pine tree. Guarantee you @SkiJay would hit that with his balls hanging low!!!!