New AM 6.0 ( If thats its name)

addkerr

• Baller

So early in October I made the trip to Florida for the end of season skiing and the last few comps (Skiing in the UK sucks). While there I managed to get my tourney PB, and basically see out the season. Prior to the trip I exchanged a few emails with Deena Mapple regarding trying a ski. So after skiing great on my Elite and getting a new PB it was hard to make the decision to try a new one.

So mid week we meet Andy, he says come try the ski on saturday. So after having the worst set for the past three years that morning we head to the AM test lake. After some discussion about the ski and the way its made :) we headed on the lake. Now at this point to say I was nervous was an understatement. So the thoughts on the ski. This new Mapple 6.0 is more a traditionally made ski (not hollow), the ski is also slightly wider at the front than traditional. I opted for the current year graphics rather than the new one. The thing to look out for is the embossed AM logo in the ski. Its a 66 3/4" for those who would like to know. I ski 36mph.

On the water. Well I may be slightly biased as I don't have anywhere near the review skills of Horton, but here we go. The ski instantly feels softer than the Elite I was previously riding, making it so much more forgiving. Through the course, the ski keeps and makes speed amazingly. The exit of the turn is lighter and easier. Through the wakes the ski holds great angle, and gains width super easy.

After the first two passes it was easy to run buoys. Its a ski that when your late you just point it as hard as you like the other way and boom, your back on it. As for balance on the ski, I cant help but feel on it the whole time. The sweet spot is all over. On my first set I ran my hardest pass (previously run 8 times, sadly this isn't 41 :)), so sure this is going to sound biased but this ski has made it fun to ski again for me. My opinion would be that Horton needs to review this ski ASAP.

I hope people will love it as much as me.

• Administrators

@Brady the last time I talked to Andy he was doing a money back guarantee. You need to check with him for details but the option to send a ski back is a big deal.

All of the ski reviews I write and all the advice you get here are nowhere near is valuable has how you feel when you r on the ski. Demoing or trying before you buy is always the best option.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@Brady Andy's a really cool guy, the guarantee Horton is talking about is correct. I have a period to send back my ski if i fall out with it, but thats not an issue. Andy also mentioned if you ever have issues then just go see him, and find out the problem. You don't just buy the ski, you buy into the whole group. One of the best customer services in my opinion. By the way I would never buy a ski blind, testing is an absolute must.