I almost cried watching this

jipster43

• Baller_
ok, WILL be showing this to my daughter. 9 middle schools get together in an Olympic style 3 day event here in Orlando from across the country and outside the US to compete in several sports (boys and girls): track/field, baseball, tennis, swimming, volleyball, soccer and yes, girls flag football. That girl is awesome.

• Baller
I coach my little boys basketball team and our assistant coach knows the family in question--quite well. While i am so proud of what the little girl is doing, according to my assistant coach, her dad is a narsasistic ass! His girl wants desperately to play soccer, and, as you can imagine, she is incredible at it, but the dad insists she play football. The problem I see is that no matter how good this little girl is, by the time the boys catch up, she won't stand a chance, and she is missing out on honing her soccer skills, because her dad is forcing her to play football. I am sad for that little girl!!!

• Baller

@Brady I was sorta' afraid that might be the case. I enrolled my 5-year-old daughter in soccer, but she was the only girl on the team and the aggressiveness of the boys freaked her out. It broke my heart watching her trying to do something she wasn't in to just to please me. You'd have to be an incredible dbag to ignore that.

And for the record I didn't remove my original video post. I don't know why it would show as being removed.

• Baller
@jipster43. You did absolutely nothing wrong by posting this video. regardless of the dad, that girl is incredible!!!! It does make you want to cry looking at the talent. Hopefully she will get it figured out even though her dad is a d bag. Great video of a great little girl!!!!

• Baller
It can be tuff leaving your kids to chase their own passions. Some baller kids have followed into skiing...how fun! Others including mine really have not. They have fun tubing, swimming, rec skiing/boarding which is also fun. My daughter has gone hockey crazy...something I had zero interest in but I'm having a riot going to her games and she is really going after her passion. Fun to watch and see what they become, even if they never chase the balls.