USAws-Survey

behindpropellers

• Baller

Just got the email with the USAwaterski survey. Appears they have read comments on this site.

Thoughts?

I'm a bit unsure of the "boat insurance connections" part of it. To me....its either I use USAws' boat insurance provider or I do not get coverage. Have tried to get USAws named on other policies with no luck.

• Baller
I got two. One that posted the results of an earlier survey on their facebook page (I think I took that survey about a week or so ago). It asked questions about reasons why I didn't attend regionals etc. The second survey I did yesterday. The second one said there would be one survey per week for 5 weeks and each completed survey enters one in a drawing for prizes. Quick and easy enough, but some things I didn't care much about but had to rank anyway ie) benefits of membership where the list was long and a number of them I didn't think mattered much. Top 5 made sense.

• Baller

Yeah, I was wondering what was target audience they surveyed... Maybe only those who attended Nationals or Regionals. It seems that was a big topic behind the questioning - "how do we increase participation at Nationals"

Maybe they should consider a virtual nationals based upon the top 3 scores from any round in any qualifying tournament. Travel seems to be a big factor in participation. I bet you can show a significant increase in participants in both Regionals and Nationals from the skiers in the state (and neighboring states) where Nationals is held. For Example - if Nationals were held in Austin, TX, you'd see a spike in Texas (Louisiana and Oklahoma) Skiers at Regionals and at Nationals.

• Baller
@toddl, couldn't have been on regionals or nat's...I didn't go to either. Only skied 3 tourneys this season. Maybe rankings or levels in the rankings or a random sampling of some levels in the rankings? Maybe those in certain levels in the rankings who clearly DID NOT ski regionals or nationals and they want to know why...that sounds most probable to me.

• Baller

This is pretty much what has been stated above...

On Oct 13 I was sent an email from Bob Mayhew with a link to a survey (which I took). It was titled AWSA Tournamnet Skiing - 2012. There was no indication of who the survey was sent to. At first I thought it would have been sent to all memebers but after reading the email the survey centers around attending Regionals & Nationals. So, it may have only been emailed to skiers whose primary sport divison is AWS and/or skiers with a certain ranking (say Level 7 and above- guessing here). And if you don't have an email addy on file with AWSA you may not have recieved the survey. Yes AWSA, as the signature line in the email was the AWSA logo and the body of the email started out The Amercan Waterski Association is embarking... This is the survey they posted the results to on facebook.

Fast forward to today. I recived another email today from USA Waterski asking to take a survey. This will actually be a 5 part survey with one email/survey each week for the next 5 weeks. This probably the survey @behindpropellors thread is refering. I have not taken thsi survey yet but I will.

• Baller
Hopefully, the input from (AWSA) membership will be productive in setting (changing) the direction and priorities of the organization. The main issue for AWSA members is the lack of perceived "value" from the parent organization. This should resonate within the results.

• Administrators
I just got the second one yesterday. I have to say I am impressed. We pay the membership costs and we should get what we want (mostly). If they act on the surveys and it is not what I want, it is what the membership wants, I am fine with that.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can