Heather Young

Horton

• Baller
Heather and her awesome family live in Vail and built Sweetwater lake near there. She fell about 10 days ago and has a brain injury. Give Thoughts and prayers for her and her family in her fight to recover. The Colorado ski community is pretty shaken up lately.

• Baller
Heather and Mike are a huge part of the Colorado water skiing community. In addition to building Sweetwater as @Drago points out, they have been the Nautique promo for as long as I can remember, traveling hundreds of miles to the Front Range and Western Slope every weekend in the summer. Heather and Mike are both strong fighters, but are up against a huge challange right now, and can use all the love, prayers, energy, vibes, etc that we can provide. There hasn't been a day since I learned of the accident that I haven't focused on the Young family, and I start every morning by getting the update from the Caring Bridge website.

• Baller
Heather's fall wasn't a ski fall. She lost her footing carrying a box and fell through a temporary staircase railing at a home renovation. She's seriously injured and needs all the good energy she can get, now and for a long time to come. Mike is struggling to cope with Heather's situation and their kids, and while he deeply appreciates everyone's support, he is feeling overwhelmed by all the texts and phone calls he is unable to respond to, so prayers are more helpful than calls right now.

• Baller
Terrible story, heart goes out to them. Poked around on the caring bridge site...she sure has lots of support/prayers/positive vibes coming her way. Her physical condition pre-injury will be an asset in her recovery...wow on the pictures page she was in incredible physical condition.

• Baller

My wife Leigh went out to Denver last weekend to visit with Heather and is amazed at how strong she is, but it will be a long, tough road. Mike is a rock and will continue to do everything possible that he can for Heather and their two super girls. Heather needs everybody's thoughts and prayers during her recovery.

• Baller
Last nights journal entry on Caring Bridge is extremely positive! Heather spoke a complete sentence for the first time, and took a few steps with the help of a walker. This is a huge indication of her strength and determination. Everyone who knows Heather will not be surprised. It will be a long recovery, but she is making great progress!