HO 2013 Apex Boots

ToddL

• Baller

I love these new designs! But, does anyone else pick up on the nuances of the marketing? "The only closed-toe boot like this on the market." Yep. That is true. They are just like the Radar Vectors, but with closed toes. They are just like the Radar Stradas but with non-removable liners. They are just like the Jobe boots, but... You get the picture.

• Baller

@Horton - how am I being negative? I just found it funny. I love my Strada's. My son loves his new Vectors. It just seems that there are about 4 dominate structures for bindings (boots):

Strada/Vector-like

Wiley-like

Laced Rubber (like T-factors)

Hard Shell (Power Shells, Reflect, Fluid Motion, etc.)

Heck you even commented about Jobe's boots and the similarities to Stradas... These Apex's look similar, too. That's all. I found the marketing comment to be funny, because while it is very much true, they had to specify "closed-toe" for the "only" comment to be true.

BTW, I think that it is great that HO, Jobe, and Radar all have such similar boot designs. It tells me that there is value and demand for this type of boot.

• Baller
@davemac - see if you can find somewhere to let her try on some Vectors. If you need them to be flexible in mount options, choose the aluminum plates since they fit both D3/Radar and HO rear boot insert patterns. They have a 5-8 (small) or 7-11 (med)...

• Administrators

Hey @ToddL ,

Yea my post might have sounded grumpier than I intended. Let’s be honest a lot of the marketers in this sport struggle to describe their products. Your post basically pointed out that the Apex video is fluffy… It is fluffy. You are correct. My point is the proof is in the skiing.

And @MS seems to have made the point that a lot of Pro skiers ride semi custom bindings no matter what. Maybe @MS did not mean to make that point but he is from Minnesota so I always assume he is at fault.

I have seen the boots and they are different. Will I like skiing in them? No idea. By the end of next year you will get my opinion and most likely that of a lot of other skiers.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@ToddL thanks for suggestion. Actually she currently is on Vectors (well the lady version, Lyrics). She is a womens 8.5 and is a bit tight in the smalls, but the next size up was definitely too big.

With a suggested price of $250, I assumed the HO Apex was aiming to be considered on par w/ Stradas.

• Baller_
It will give me one more year of comfort and performance and then I will be forced to make the switch. If I find something better, that approach will be gone in a hurry but so far after trying everything, nothing feels good. I may give the Reflex and rear Wiley another try.

• Baller
I can't believe I'm about to say this but... I agree with, and am in the same situation as, @MS. I run an Approach front binding also and have found nothing I like better. I just put my last new one on my ski for next year and then I'm going to have to get real serious about a switch. I have tried RS-1s, Stradas, FMs E series, T-factor and Stealths. Some of them for a ski ride or two but the Stradas & FMs for about a month & a half each. I have not tried Reflex yet.