Wind Forecasts!

ToddL

• Baller

We all watch the weather and plan our skiing around the good days. But not too many sites provide wind forecasting. Here's one that really has been accurate for me. I've even taken some lunch "appointments" to grab some good water during the work week.

Check it out. This if for pilots mostly. You can set your unit of measure in the left margin. You can find a forecast site near you, if there is a medium sized airport nearby.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/georgetown&wf_cmp=2

• Baller_

I like this. Simple to read, use and to my suprise over the last 5+ yrs has been very accurate for wind. I like that it goes hour by hours out 3 days. The other thing I like is the current 3 hours can be expanded into 15mn increments. Fast and easy to get to long range forcasts as well. Hourly, 5 day, 10 day all just a click on the left hand side.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Saint+Paul+MN+USMN0664:1:US

I also use www.windfinder.com

Two great things about it:

1. It provides forecast for almost everywhere in the world

2. You can get an app to use it on your iphone

It is very accurate, though it can sometimes mislead you with the early morning winds. This is because is doesn't seem to account for the time it takes for the upper level winds to mix down to the surface, first thing in the morning.

• Baller

I like Weatherbug on my iPhone. Easy to see radar and get hourly wind. current conditions show a wind vane current speed with gusts.

I'll checkout some of the others listed above too. My wife says I should have been a weatherman.

We are lucky to live by a small airport and they publish very accurate info for pilots and have a phone service that gives current conditions. We have used that long before the smart phone showed up.