Is your season over? Sucker!

Horton

I skied a little over a week ago in the fun bag but it's getting cold enough at night I have to keep the boat in the garage so she doesn't freeze, and scraping windshields 3 mornings in a row means it's time to winterize so I can put the truck in the garage. After I put in about 30 more years of work I'm moving to Texas.

• Baller
And I used to like @Horton! Ah well. Almost done here in MN. Highs this week 45-50 and lows in the 30s. I skied 4 times last week and will ski again this week. Problem is that I have to ski early in the day, and it is usually below 40 degrees at that time of day. Last time out I made it to 12 passes before my hands were too painful to continue. Just running 32s and 35s and working on being disciplined about my gates, and being lighter for longer (keeping handle very long). I'd like to agree with @crashman and move south in another 30 years -- but I'll be 79 in 30 years!

• Baller

Last set was two weeks ago today. Water 52 air about the same....great final set of year. Wasn't too bad for skiing but pulling out the course was a wee bit chilly! Is it really necessary to have that many buoys? Brrrrrrrrr

But hey @Horton. Heading to Otown next week sucker! I hear it in the mid eighties ......oh ya!

• Baller
Planning to ski as many days this upcoming week as I can, then see what the 10 day forecast looks like. Right now looks like I should be able to cope with sets of 10 passes or so given that I'll be skiing in mid-30s weather before work. Getting close to wrapped up. Actually been in the gym about six times already.

• Baller
@ToddL. You, like @Horton, are a bastard as well, although I had to give you and awesome, cause that picture my friend was better than any thing I can imagine, including scantily-clad women! I so wish I could move to Texas.......Please God, appear to my wife and command her to move.....

• Baller
@ToddL. Not too much hotter than Utah in the summer....unfortunately. I travel to Texas monthly during the summer, and outside of the humidity, Utah is not far behind. Knowing you can't have it all....Texas is about as close to perfection as you can get. Take away 4 months from Utah, and it would be right there with you. What sucks is that I live right at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon, which is literally ten minutes away from Snowbird and Alta Ski Resorts and I drive an hour to water ski. Talk about irony.

• Baller

My son would be very happy with the ability to water ski all summer, then drive an hour or so and snow ski all winter.

For those not familiar with a Texas ski pond in August - the air is 100+ and the water temp is 85-90. Not even refreshing. On those weeks, we are happy to have a little south breeze to provide evaporation cooling of a warm, wet rash guard. Humidity in Central Texas is not to bad. Houston is a different story.

• Baller
I thought my season was over three weeks ago, but I drove up to Kalispell and got two more days of skiing this weekend. Yesterday was 43* water & 43* air. I was planning on taking it easy but ended up doing a tournament set and running into 32' off. That's the first time I've run 28 off in a tournament set so I was pretty stoked. Went out for drinks to celebrate and skied pretty bad today! But it was still pretty awesome to be out there at this time of the year.

• Baller_

Season never ends for Team Seal. over this past weekend we were at a tournament at the McCormicks ski and cable park in Tampa. Some pretty good scores! CP ran 41 for the 7th or 8th time this year behind yet another driver. Dr Morgan 5 @39 @36MPH, Not bad for a 50 year old! Austin Able managed a impressive 2 @ 41. Mark Shaw and Todd Ristocellie (?) both posted scores into 39 and Todd 41. Team Seal had a little in house competition as My daughter Monica came out for a Father daughter ski off (re-match) Dad posted a buoy better both rds Moe earned the chance to buy her father dinner and I got to Gloat!

Jumping was included With Alex Parades going 208, longest in about 4 years. Steve Moss (Australian) went over 200' for the first time. Mark Shaw 197' Lauren Morgan PB (metric) 172' Cole McCormick posting a PB at 123'

All and all a fun little early season (2013 season) tournament!

• Baller
Saturday in Nashville. Temp got up to 82. Water at Percy Priest Lake was 53. I thought they said 63 and left rubber at home. Wind whipped up as a front was bearing down on us from the west. Had a good set in the white caps(small ones). Then a few frosty ones. Pulled all the boats out and drained water out of engines.(just making sure the hoses would come off, I hate crawling around under that boat cover in 20 degree temps at night). BUT, the end of the week looks promising for a set or two, IF, I can locate a driver. It ain't over yet!228846791f00b5ab53c539adb60895.jpg

• Baller

I hate all of you that are still skiing. Okay not really hate but I am jealous. I finished winterizing the boat this weekend just need to get the winter cover on it and pull the dock.

Tough workout at the gym this morning trying to get stronger for next year. If I could get rid of the kids Halloween candy my diet would be in better shape.