Measuring the Front Boot-to-Tail Distance

SkiJay

• Baller

I'm using Strada bindings on a 65.25" Goode Nano 1. The factory recommended distance is 28.75" ±1/8".

±1/8" is a pretty small tolerance, when this measurement can vary by 1/4" depending on where you measure from. I've heard we should be measuring Stradas from the very back of the boot, from the top thread, from the lower thread, and at the top of the sole. Where on a PowerShell is this measurement taken?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1530989/Waterskiing/BOS/Boot%20to%20Tail.JPG

• Baller

I had a very similar thread a few months back, seeing if anyone had compared starting numbers between product,

as numbers made a lot of sense when all the boots were like a wileys, padded honeycomb rubber, firm rubber, overlay.

Now with shoe stitched lasted boots, hardshells ETC. I've become a fan of Ankle center measurements (like trick skis are done)

My most recent ski set ups I've gotten in my boots, pressed the side in to feel my medial ankle bone on my front foot, marked the boot, and then done the same on the new boot, and then transfered that to the plate/ski. Then fine tune if needed.

• Baller

Thanks @Scotchipman. I've been using the lower thread too on Stradas, but on other skis. Right now, I'm trying to get a sense for how that correlates with measuring iGoode PowerShells since the factory settings would be specifically for PowerShells. Specifically, where should we be measuring Stradas so it puts our angle in the exact same spot as a powershell with the same measurement?