Shadow Box, where'd it go?

WesternSkier

Does anyone know what happened with this idea? I've been searching the interwebs looking for it and keep coming up short. Anyone have an idea if there is anything similar out there? Looking for a similar device that could potentially be attached to ski(s) for live feedback if possible? Anyone? Anything?

• Baller
I have not seen anything on shadow box for several years. There was supposed to be a new rev release about 2 years ago. That was the last I heard. There is another product called "ripxx" The website is showing that they are out of stock and going to release a new rev. I have not done any home work on them at all. The concept sounds great and I would think that trickers and jumpers could get great imfo back. Could not even find price info. I want to say that the shadow box was about 550 - 600 ?????

• Administrators
I used to talk to the engineers from ShadowBox. The company was sold and then new owner pissed off the engineers so they left.... Some started a new firm doing other bio mechanical stuff. Yes this is a loss and yes I have searched high and low for something like this...

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@Phil2360 More to the point I talked to those guys and they told me I would not be able to make sense of the data. I got one anyway and they were right. You need some pretty heavy custom software to convert that data into something you can learn anything from.

Maybe @Than_Bogan needs a winter project that does not involve 10 sided dice and chicken sacrifice.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Per their website, there are lots of examples of nifty charts. Someone has a template in excel or some software which generated those graphs... I bet the company could pass along a contact email to their example customers and ask them to share the templates...

Heck, they would be smart to gather those template documents and make them available to the new customers as a starting point.

• Baller

A few years ago we put a lot of time and money into a high end version of shadowbox (cost about 5000 bucks for the GPS unit if memory serves me) Produced some amazing data but the limitations of time, limited market and the basic inaccuracy of GPS to map it accurately to the course meant we stopped before it got too far. Only did jump at the time but the same principles apply to slalom.

For the nerds out there some links below to the graphs produced and also a 3D animation based directly on the data

Data is:

Map of skier path on a virtual course

Speed

Acceleration

Rate of acceleration

A made up 'Power Factor' based on angle, acceleration and location relative to the boat

http://www.splasheyedrive.com/uploads/iEyeData.jpg

Regards

Donal

info@splasheye.com