Mirror

wilecoyote

• Baller

Hi Guys

I'm new here, been lurking for a while.

Late this summer I began the transition from cottage skier to course skier. I'm getting instruction and ski time at McClintocks Ski School.

Anyhow, I'm so smitten that I bought a boat to practice with when I'm at the cottage, it's nothing special but it is a proper ski boat (Supra Rider). I'm looking for advice on a Mirror for it. The Rider is an open bow so it's got the 3 piece wind shield. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also if anyone would suggest a good combo set for guests, I'd appreciate that as well.

Cheers

Chris

• Baller

Inboardfix, I'm always trying to support the local shop, so if I go with the PTM, I'll drop you a PM. Now that I'm adding up all the stuff I need to buy, I'm not sure my mirror budget may be up to $200. It never occurred to me that I'd need to buy things like wake boards and combo skis etc, but if I want everyone to have fun I should. I have no problem letting someone else use my ski, but it may be a bit too much for my buddies unless I get a toe plate for it, so I need a good mid level slalom ski, which I was hoping would be available with a good combo set.

The good news is I have all winter to accumulate this stuff.

Cheers

• Baller_
Ah, ya that's a bogus pic. Very misleading. That mirror will give you a great view but that's just a pic photoshopped onto the mirror. It is a big mirror with enough convex to view all but outer most points of a shoreline skiers.

• Baller
Instead of combos, I have taught a lot of teens to ski by starting with a wakeboard and by the time they have decent body position on their toe-side lean, I can get them up easily on a single ski using an HO Comp Freeride 67". It's wide, stable, turns great and it'll be useful beyond their first time. I've had one as my guest ski for years. Usually have them skiing by the second day.

• Baller

I think it still looks like the CIPA extreme for me. Even the the cheaper version of the VR100 will still need a mount purchased separately (I think) On the ski front, I have been cruising skiitagain, but because I'm in Canada, the shipping on things like skis pretty much kills the savings. We have Kijiji which is similar to Craigslist, and I'm keeping an eye for combos and such. I think for the amount of use they'll get, any half decent combo set will do, but I would like to get a slalom ski that would be enjoyable to use for the more experienced skiiers, somthing like the Connelly HP

This should really have it's own thread, but what do you guys think about older tournament skis (like this; http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFg2NjY=/$T2eC16dHJHgE9n0yHB0pBQiBd6Chfg~~48_20.JPG

as an all purpose guest slalom?

• Baller

@wilecoyote You are correct...best to put that on another thread, but for all purpose guest slalom ski.....go with more modern technology. My 2 cents....think along the lines of Radar Theory or Radar Senate, or HO Triumph.

Now back on track with this thread. I also am curious as to when the VR-100 will be on the PTM Edge website, and would love to hear some reviews on it. I currently have the VR-140 mounted above the center walkthru windshield of my RLXi....with a bias towards the driver side. My opinion is that these mirrors work much better if mounted as close as possible to the forward view of the driver. I haven't been keen on dropping another $200 for a mount that would allow this on my boat.

• Baller
@wilecoyote. Another less expensive option is the mirror that has 3 sections. cost is 39 bucks with the mount. It is available at Marine Products in Utah, but I'm sure other BoS guys that own a marine-product store can get it for you too. 725e1a1e88228a773899b46c1489a3.jpg