East coast storm

ToddF

I live in Hoboken, NJ/NYC area. It looks like its gonna get pretty wet around here. Irene, last year flooded the streets and the storm surge is expected to be higher due to the full moon and tide. The grocery stores are insane, but there's still plenty of beer around here. Haha! We should be OK.

With all seriousness though, any and all precautions were made. Camp stove has gas, plenty of water and non-parishables on hand. I live on the third floor of a brownstone and the car is parked on the palisade cliff. We're just gonna sit it out with friends.

• Baller

Hersh - I think you mean non-perishables.... unless you are a Priest and the Nuns are out of town.

We're out on the East end of Long Island -essentially 12 mile out to sea.

We'll see if the storm matches the hype.

Usually they don't.

In any case we're ready.

@otisg haha! Yeah, non-perishables! I wish I could say that the perishables (beer) had some effect on the gramatical error, but its unlikely. Yeah, we'll see. Either way it should be interesting, and i dont have to work tomorrow because the subways are shut down, so thats a plus. Have you ever skied the quarry on Long Island that I read about in a issue of waterski mag a couple years ago? We need to find that secret spot in Brooklyn ASAP!

• Baller

Hersh - Never skied the quarry because it is run by an infamous ex-Mastercraft dealer.....

Head straight North to Monroe, NY - Twin Lakes - Great Place and much closer to you without going through or around the City. Closed now but in the Spring give Brad a call - a great guy and coach.

A couple of guys have a course over in one of the inlets by Kennedy Airport. Good luck on the Belt Parkway....

• Baller
I'm in the path here in right of center Pennsylvania. Had to drag the dock out ASAP after a final ski for the year. Button up the cabin, tie dock to cabin, remove the van from its location and bring it back home , and of course fight with the generator to power my home. I am currently banging my head against the wall trying to work it's bugs out!!!! aaarghh!

It's getting really hairy around here and the worst is yet to come. The wind is consistent and the "tunnel" effect created by the tall buildings is increasing it exponentially. The Hudson is about 2ft below cresting at low tide. There's a high tide this evening when the storm comes ashore and massive flooding seems imminent. Does anyone around here have a cable winch? I'm looking to get a swerve set down Main Street later.

• Baller
Currently in Baltimore MD, waiting for Sandy to make landfall not too far away. Got the ski boats and truck parked away from trees, gas for the generator, and some beers in the fridge. Waiting for the power to go out.

• Baller

Power and Cell service finally back this morning for us.

Still, 600,000 without power Island wide.

Not as bad as it could have been out here in the "Fashionable Hamptons".

The wind shifted from NE to SE just before the full moon high tide hit & there wasn't much rain.

It could have been really horrendous if those two things had been different.

Now all we have to worry about is the Citidiots returning (Just got rid of most of them.) because the NY City is such a mess....

• Baller

Finally got back to skiing here in Orlando after a week of wind from Sandy....I really felt guilty after seeing all the devestation, long gas lines, and the politicians taking there photo ops, heading to Vegas to campain, and leaving the folks to fend for themselves..I decided that before every set I would at least tex the 90999 number for the Red Cross contribution...Hoped Karma would help me run 41.

Only got 3@35 so I guess I need to keep on texting.

Hope others do the same, so we can all get to 41.