HO Coefficient X SL Fin Numbers and Binding Location

ThePantsManCan

• Baller
Anyone have These numbers? I can find what Horton posted for the 2010 ski in his review. Thought maybe there could be some changes made to the newest Coex, that would cause the newer skis to have some revised numbers. But I cant for the life of me find good boot placement numbers. What is stock?

• Baller

OK I'll answer my own question here. I called HO and they said that the new website does not have all the information up on it that they want. Work in Progress as you can imagine. The settings for a 67" Coefficient X SL is:

Fin

2.50 Depth

6.8 or so Length (tips)

.780 DFT

Wing 8*

Binding Location

Front Boot: 29-1/2

Again this is for the 67" Coex Only

• Baller

Here are the numbers I have but I need to dig and see if you should use the same settings for the CoX and CoX SL. For the record I have a CoX and was running the following (from HO).

L: 6.880 (measured using tips)

D: 2.510

DFT: 0.740 (not using slot caliper)

Wing: 7 degrees with screws above the wing

Front boot: 30 in.

• Baller

You are going to laugh at this answer, I can't remember how it felt! I bought it new in 2012, slapped a Syndicate fin box on it and started to dial bindings and fin settings. Then a series of personal setbacks hit (knee surgery, baby, moved) so I'm starting new on it again at the end of this season after knocking the rust off with my old ski. When I test skied it back in 2012 I liked it enough to buy it. I tried it again last week but finally figured out my knee doesn't like Radar Vectors. They limit my ability to stay open to the boat on my off side cut since the twisting motion really tweeks my knee.

@Commuterfisher‌ what bindings are you using on yours? I'm going back to HO Animals and see if I can pass judgement on the CoX again.

• Baller

I am using the HO Attacks. Since I have been having trouble with deep starts I tried out a Carbon V because it is wider and found it less forgiving and harder for me to turn. So it really made me appreciate the Coex SL. I love the ski and Horton's review and Steve from Pacific Slalom like this ski. Ditto. I think I found the ski the rest is up to me.

I used the Triumph to work me up to the Coex.