How are you promoting BoS?

Brady

• Baller

So, my wife had her iphone stolen last weekend when we were out of town, so I stopped by the Apple store in downtown Salt Lake City today to get her a new phone. I was waiting for what seemed like an eternity, so I naturally jumped on to BoS to see what was going on. I enjoyed it so much, I started making BoS the default home page on all of the computers in the store until the manager walked up behind me and asked me what I was doing. I felt lean locked, so I just went for the rest of the ride and told him about the site and that I was just messing around with the other computers because it was such an informative site for people who buy Macs. Expecting him to get upset, what he said next made me smile. He said he was a huge skier and he had never found a good forum site that stayed on topic (I kept my mouth shut here) and that discussed the technical aspects of slalom skiing.

He said he couldn't change the computers, but he also wouldn't change them back, so the downtown Mac store had about 20 computers on BoS for several hours today! I took a shot of some.

I think if we all help out and promote the site by changing the Mac store computers home pages when replacing iphones would help to increase awareness of Horton and of BoS.

• Baller
@MattP. Question for you. How do you keep that slick finish on you Maharaja? Are you using a clear-coat enamel after you sand it down each season? When you sand it down, do you use the 90 grit or the 110 grit? I heard if you sand the middle of the underside more, you might be able to create a tunnel, which will really help you in your turns. Just sayin...

• Baller
@MattP. Oh snap! I thought "I know the stats its PC.... get with the times people" meant that you like PC's. Forgive me, I will just assume @Horton is on the PC, so the comments about the Maharaja should be directed at him.

• Baller
@douglaslbrady, if you're going to dis, at least get it right. It's Maherajah, not Maharaja. And by the way, Bob LaPoint started his career with Bob Maher, so be careful. (By the way, Maher is currently making some of the top speed skis in the world. He's just not in the competition slalom market.)

• Baller

From what I understand,California would have lower fuel prices if it had a pipeline that went to Texas

BACK ON TOPIC .....Horton was at our lake and giving away some promotional items for his site. In all seriousness this site is awesome so I do plan to buy my gear from the advertisers that keep this afloat