Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

X7 a "CRAPPY" ski?

DanE

• Baller
I heard from a good source Larson rounded 3@41 on D3's proto ski. I guess he tried to leave with it but was unsuccessful. I know he likes a ski that slows rapidly at the ball and changes direction on a dime. I skied his X7 a couple months ago (this ski had modified bevels). I had a tuff time keeping it moving thru the turn. I'm used to the S2 though.

• Baller

So I got out for the first time on the X7 68", kinda threw the bindings on and roughed in the fin settings. I'm a 15 / 22off skier, so no shortline expert. I mainly skied 32mph 15off. @toddL was driving. I'm going to stick with it see what I can do. I may start a review thread since there's not a lot of info on the X7 here.

First set on ZO, B2 the ski accelerated like crazy out of the turn. One thing I noticed was if I got pulled out of position it was game over. On the Strada I could often still make it to the next ball if I got pulled out of position. So leveraged position was very critical.

Second set, used A2 setting, smoothed things out. I had some of the smoothest pass I'd every had. Tried one 34mph 15off pass and I ran inside of a few bouys but it was so smooth that I couldn't hardly feel the boat pull. No over the fronts at the bouy, which has been killing me on the the Strada lately.

• Baller
@bishop8950 how are you setting up the x7. I put my front binding in the middle which put it back about 1/4" behind factory settings of 30.5" (68") The numbers I just got from D3 say to set the front boot at 30 7/8", significantly further forward of what I tried. It skied pretty good where it is now. Hope to get out this week at least once to give it another try.

• Baller

I would start with the fin at stock, and play with the boots until you like it. Boot adjustments are easy and have a big impact. When I dial in my boots I try different positions within one set (take the screwdriver in the boat). Once you like the boots, go to the fin for dialing.

My 67" settings (and my best guess of the right range to pick from on a 6", add a bit for 68")

2.500 (2.48-2.520)

6.940 tips (6.90-6.95)

0.780 flat (7.40-7.80)

7 degrees (7 or 8)

30 1/16th front boot (my binding plates are slotted so I am not picking "holes")

17 9/16 rear boot

30.5" sounds close on a 68". Easy enough to try one hole fwd to see what you think.