Ski clubs near Houston

Marco

• Baller

My daughter has been offered a job in Baytown, east of Houston. Are there any ski clubs within an hours drive of that area? Not sure if she is going to accept the job, but the ability to ski will definately impact her ultimate decision.

Any information is much appreciated!

• Baller
Marco, email me your contact info to shanehill@arrow.com . There is a private ski site about 15 minutes from Baytown in Highlands. They don't have a club boat but there are people there with boats to ski with. There is another site north of houston which has numerous skiers with boats. A few members are on here. I can give you contact info for both.

• Baller
It's a membership. The club used to be at Banana Bend and it had to move when M2 bought the lake for their ski school. The new place is near by, there are several old gravel or sand pits in the area that are now lakes. Greg Ford was the guy that posted the ski it again add. I'd paste the link here, but I'm on my phone.

• Baller
If you're interested, there's the Houston Ski Club at 15200 Nautique Way in Houston. The owner is Cliff McInnis (713 920 2157). I skiied there last fall - the site/conditions were very good. His slalom course was in need of repair, but I'd guess he's fixed it by now.