Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Rally Around The Decimal Point (N1 Discussion)

A_B

• Baller

It is just my opinion, but if you guys are all trying to get a ski to be some magic ride because you are + or - here and there on fin setup, it is not magic. OB had the best experience it seems, so the ski must fit his style well.

IMO, a magic ride is like when the 9100 came out. Almost everyone skied better on it, right out of the box. I didn't even own a caliper when I jumped on a 9100 and skied a PB in the second set. I later purchased a calibrated caliper from Schnitz, and found that the fin from the factory was NOT at factory specs. Almost everyone I skied with had similar results, it was a game changer.

Regina could take any of your old skis and run 39 on them, just saying....

• Baller

I agree that the 9100 was a game-changer, and that the N1 isn't in that same category of incremental leap. However, I think this is a clearer step forward, at least for me, than anything since the 9100.

For those that it fits their style, you can take this thing out of the box and ski right up to your PB, while feeling like it's easier. Then it can be improved from there with a little tuning.

Obviously, it's not gonna work for everyone. Heck, even the 9100 didn't work for everyone, as already noted in this thread!

• Baller

OB, my advise to you is BUY IT!!

I demoed a 9500 like that once, AFTER my friend drilled it for his D3 plates, and he didn't like it, and I almost ran 38 the FIRST time I tried it, which was a couple more than practice average. I let him send it back because it was end of season, had to keep my Animals on D3 plates (could have been Connelly, dont exactly remember , but hole pattern was different), not enough money, yada, yada... I figured I would get a new one in Spring. Well, I got two new ones and they just didn't have the mojo of the one he sent back.

To this day, he still reminds me of the ski that I let slip away. Never again I vowed.....